Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kalimera running shoes; any good?
  • stayhigh

Morning all

I’m looking to start running again as an option for when I can’t ride or go swimming and need to get some shoes.
    I’ve seen a pair of Karrimors with D3 in the soles which iirc is a cushioning material they now use in some knee pads etc?
    They feel quite light and flexible and are reasonably priced at £35 so wondered if anyone has got or used these?

mark90
    Free Member

Karrimor is very much a budget brand these days since SportsDirect bought the name. I have some Karrimor trail running shoes. I wanted some cheap trail running shoes to try as a fast light walking shoe instead of my usual approach style shoes. I like them, they are cheap and comfy. The down side is they are wearing quick and don’t look like they will last that long. Can’t say what they are like for any serious running as I don’t do running.

Gibbysrabbit
    Free Member

Was looking at running shoes in Sports Direct this week for my wife.

As said above Karrimor is owned, made & priced by Sports Direct – ignore the full RRP prices, the ‘sale’ prices are realistically what they’re worth. I wasn’t impressed with the quality of the Karrimor shoes.
    Some of their road shoes had very little rubber on the sole – just exposed foam & wouldn’t last long.

There are some bargains to be had in Sports Direct, take a look at some of the bigger brands & find some that feel good!

(I personally wear Inov-8 for road & trail as I can get them at a good price through work)

ianfitz
    Free Member

No idea but the answer is if they fit your feet and running style then yes. Otherwise no, you should get fitted for running shoes by someone who knows what they are doing.

mark90
    Free Member

someone who knows what they are doing.

Which you won’t find in Sports Direct. I had enough trouble getting someone who could bring the shoes I asked for in the size I asked for.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kalimera running shoes; any good?’ is closed to new replies.