• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by cp.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Kaffenback or London road new commuter frame
  • karnali
    Free Member

Both currently £150 looking at building up a new commuter as current bike won’t take a rack and I often could do with one. Anyone ride both and give a fair comparison. Looking at the new colour framesLR so hopefully no seat post issues.

Ta

karnali
    Free Member

Anyone??

wicki
    Free Member
    coomber
    Free Member

Kaffenback is going to weight a lot more

mcmoonter
    Free Member

“Looking at the new colour framesLR so hopefully no seat post issues.”

Which ones are sporting the new colour schemes which don’t have the seat post issues? I have a box of bits that need a frame. I was tempted before reading the tales of shimming.

cynic-al
    Free Member

LR a lot lighter, its what I’d get of the 2 for the same money

sheeps

Had a kaffenback… indestructible but heavy and slightly joyless to ride. Sold it and replaced with an Arkose. So much better as a commuter, as I now actually look forward to going to work (sort of!)

cookeaa

As a London Road owner…

Kaffenback if it’s purely for commuting, if you plan to use it for a bit of weekend trail riding and some distance/”adventure” stuff as above, consider an Arkose, similar concept to the LR, better execution…

karnali
    Free Member

Thanks

I’m looking at the olive green one which is a new colour scheme.

cp

The kaff is chuffing heavy by comparison to the LR

lunge

indestructible but heavy and slightly joyless to rid

That is a wonderful description of a Kaff. Mine is the most versatile bike I own, I’ve ridden 100 mile+ road rides on it, used it for gravel, for CX and for winter commutes and it’s just plain dull. I stopped using it to commute as it was making me resent the ride to work. A change to a proper road bike fixed this.

scandal42
    Free Member

LR is so tempting at £150

Could I use Tiagra STI’s from my normal road bike with cable disks or are they specific for disk?

Thinking I could swap everything over from my RT-58

cp

LR is so tempting at £150

it’s not 150 anymore.

it’s just plain dull

I felt this about the mk1 I had for a little while. Lots of alu frames ride far better.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Kaffenback or London road new commuter frame’ is closed to new replies.