Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kaffenback II question :-)
  • Jeffus
    Free Member

Just coming to the end of my build on my Kaffenback I’ve put 30mm of stackers under the stem and 10mm on top from experience of this bike is this enough adjustment for most people , before I cut the steerer down.
    cheers 😀 its going too be for relaxed trundles through the hills and not racing or Strava to the max…. 😀

jerrys
    Free Member

I still haven’t cut my Kaff2 steerer down and I finished the build in August 🙂
    I thought I had it about right and then I raised the stem a bit more to see how it felt, unfortunately I’ve not much time at the moment to go for a long ride to confirm the setting (or inclination until it warms up a bit !). It’s beginning to look like a Thorn touring bike with the amount of spacers under the stem. I’m aiming to use mine for light touring and audax, so want a relaxed ride.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I bit the bullet and cut it down 30mm under the stem and 10mm above just incase,feels comfy in the workshop , Thomson stem 100mm with a 10deg rise gives abit of lift, just need mudguards now.. need a what mudguard thread 😀

jerrys
    Free Member

SKS Chromplastics for the mudguards = 45mm IIRC

Did you just cut the steerer by eye or did you use a guide of some sort. I’ve got my trusty hacksaw standing by to attack mine:)

How much did you actually take off?

lunge

Mine needs cutting as it us currently running a 130mm slammed stem in a vague attempt to create the sale position as my summer roadie.

Re. Mudguards, SKS Cromoplastics are very good and fit well.

Jeffus
    Free Member

I used my trusty hack saw with a new blade, fitted the stackers and stem marked around it with a sharpy and then cut 3mm below the line, fork in a vice then cleaned the edges up with a round file and my bench grinder very carefully put a small shamfer on the outside edge 😀 yes all by eye, gies it the man made look.

Thanks for the heads up on mud guards I will get a set cheers 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kaffenback II question :-)’ is closed to new replies.