Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Just "won" £100 Tesco gift card. Are Hudls any good?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Bought a new phone contact and they gave me £100.

Fancy a Hudl 2.

Any good?

singlespeedstu

Mrsstu loves hers.
    Great for downloading stuff to watch on the train on the way to work, shopping n stuff.
    So she tells me.

jekkyl

If you’ve never had an ipad: yes they’re great.
    If you’ve ever had an ipad: nope, they’re shit.

plyphon
    Free Member

If you’ve never had an ipad: yes they’re great.
    If you’ve ever had an ipad: nope, they’re shit.

Pretty much.

They have a slightly longer shelf life than the groceries you could otherwise buy at Tesco.

I’m not sure what i’d buy with £100 if it could only be spent in Tesco. Maybe see if they do some hard drives or something for external storage. Then spend the rest on Fosters. Whatever.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

If you have ever had an ipad they are great. blows the ipad away for value. Great bit of kit…. We have 3 (having got rid of the restrictive pieces of poo that were ipads).

ernie67

Excellent – got one for chrimbo . The only negative I’ve got is the battery life , but that’s probably ok for most .

iolo
    Free Member

Just buy a van full of Haribo.

edhornby

we have one and it’s great – it’s a kidproof (we have a polyethene cover for it) android (lollipop) slab with a decent screen and no tesco hardsell

what else would 100 of tesco get you? half a telly? beans? wine isn’t that good…

andyl
    Free Member

Love mine but there is a tablet from china that is pretty much the same dimensions as an iPad (so fits iPad cases) that is better. But it if you want something smaller it is great. Hardly put mine down since I got it. Had it tucked into the outer pouch on my camlebak today on a hike and used it for music. Typing on it now. Currently at 59% after playing 5hrs of music and working on it this morning and interneting now. Amazon music app works very well.

andyl
    Free Member

Oh and get the TPU case. 3rd off at the moment.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Charger port is made of cheese

andyl
    Free Member

I have noticed that thebplug wobbles a bit more than I am happy with. Update this week has sorted the slow charging.

nemesis
    Free Member

Happy with mine. The only negative is that the screen isn’t as sensitive as the N7 it replaced so I do find myself clicking some links by mistake.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

i got one for Christmas; I already have an iPad 3 but with a cracked screen, broken microphone and aging battery.

The Hudl’s great. The SLX of tablets. Of course you can get better, but is it worth it. Usually, no.

joeegg
    Free Member

My wife has had 2 Hudls and both went faulty on the charging point.
    Got her money back and bought an Acer for around £80 at Tescos.She says she prefers it to the Hudl and has a longer battery life.

castanea
    Free Member

I got some tesco vouchers and thought that not much could be bought. Get on tesco direct because you can get all sorts of stuff. I ended up with another fiskers axe and a luger monocular and a nice sharpening whetstone.

Harry_the_Spider

Is the axe Wi-Fi enabled?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Did you get them as clubcard points? They’re worth double at evans. You have to claim them on the clubcard website though.

castanea
    Free Member

Nope no WiFi in the axe 🙂 My point was just that there is loads of choice on the tesco direct and you’re not limited to groceries.

gozarch
    Free Member

I bought my 71-year old Mum one for Christmas and she loves it more thanI could have imagined! For photos, games, email, very limited surfing (because she can’t be let loose on the Internet, not because the HUDL can’t handle it!) it seems great. Cheaper than an iPad when she inevitably breaks it.

Harry_the_Spider

Did you get them as clubcard points?

Gift card.

My point was just that there is loads of choice on the tesco direct and you’re not limited to groceries.

and my OP was that I fancied a tablet computer 😉

flashpaul
    Free Member

Battery life isn’t great

We have 2 and they still haven’t fully resolved the charging bug
    Sometimes they don’t charge up without a reboot

We also have an Asus hd7 and although it has a great battery the hudl2 blows it away. Massively faster , great screen , better sound , cameras

benji
    Free Member

Recently got one, using the HDMI out is great as iplayer and youtube are now available on the only telly in the house.

nemesis
    Free Member

What’s the charging bug? I don’t seem to have a problem with mine but I did see when it did the recent update that it apparently sorts out the charging.

PSA – the hdmi out doesn’t work with the sky go app which is annoying.

andyl
    Free Member

Benji if you get a miracast dongle so you don’t need to use a cable. Latest update has added casting as well as speed up the charging.

flashpaul
    Free Member

Both my hudl2’s won’t charge until they are rebooted

Minor annoyance really

hudl2 charging issues

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Just "won" £100 Tesco gift card. Are Hudls any good?’ is closed to new replies.