Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Just spotted the angry road rage driver who stuck his middle finger at me ..
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

3 desks down from where I sit in the office. That’s awkward as I feel like going and having a word with him.

kayak23

Does he have any pot plants?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Why have a word when you can talk about it online. 😀

jamj1974

I did that once. Very calmly and quietly (and reasonably) by the coffee machine. He was a lot less aggressive outside of his car. Much more like I was inside my car.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why not ask him if it was him ? Get a gopro, then if he does it again make formal complaint to Police and HR. Or just suck it up ?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Leave a negative review on tripadvisor?

yunki
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

3 desks down from where I sit in the office. That’s awkward as I feel like going and having a word with him.

Not as awkward as he’ll feel when you tell him you’ve nobbed his coffee mug.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He might want to have a word with you. Has he spotted you yet?

globalti
    Free Member

Somthing similar happened to me; I was driving into Manchester in heavy traffic and a young Asian guy in a crappy car was trying to climb in my boot, swerving, gesticulating and mouthing off at me, although neither of us could go anywhere. I let him past and he shot up to the boot of the next car. I lost him and drove into town and lo and behold, there he was just pulling up outside the same hotel where I was going to pick up some visitors. I saw him clock me in the mirror and I sat and watched him for a while; he got out, fed the meter and walked off ignoring me, looking as if he was going for an interview. I expect he had a stressful day worrying I might vandalise his car; he must have thought I had followed him. Looking back I reckon I should have gone and had a polite word with him.

flanagaj
    Free Member

When I get an opportune moment, I think I’ll raise the matter. I’ll admit I was ready to knock his block off when he did it as it was totally uncalled for. I needed to change lanes and waited for a clearing, I indicated to come across but he then must have sped up to stop me coming across and being in a van, you don’t have the same visibility, so I didn’t realise he come up on the inside. Like I said, a beep would have sufficed.

Evil, but funny.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ll admit I was ready to knock his block off when he did it

So 2 angry road rage drivers then ?

I’m quite relaxed about being given the middle finger. It hurts less if you’re relaxed.

allthepies
    Free Member

How do you react when you’re given the thumbs up ?

flanagaj
    Free Member

So 2 angry road rage drivers then ?

I’m quite relaxed about being given the middle finger. It hurts less if you’re relaxed.

That’s what the doctor said at a recent prostate check.

Thumbs up is fine.

fasthaggis

I’ll admit I was ready to knock his block off when he did it as it was totally uncalled for.

Feels much better once you have talked it out on the interweb though.
    😛

jam-bo

let it cool down first…

zippykona

In situations like this I wonder what John Inman would do.

perchypanther
    Free Member

In situations like this I wonder what John Inman would do.

Nob the coffee whilst yer man’s drinking it?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Your office must be a bad place to work if you do not know the person who sits 3 desk away from you ! 😯

cranberry
    Free Member

but he then must have sped up to stop me coming across

The manoeuvre of a complete cockwomble. Can I send you some of my wee for you to distribute as you see fit?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

When I get an opportune moment, I think I’ll raise the matter. I’ll admit I was ready to knock his block off

What if he knocks your block off ?

when he did it as it was totally uncalled for. I needed to change lanes and waited for a clearing, I indicated to come across but he then must have sped up to stop me coming across

Its your word against his Popeye !

and being in a van,

whats an office bunny doing in a van ? I bet you’ve got empty lucozade bottles and faded Suns mucking up your windscreen eh!

you don’t have the same visibility, so I didn’t realise he come up on the inside. Like I said, a beep would have sufficed.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

So someone swore at you?

HTFU

molgrips
    Free Member

When I was confronted with a high speed BMW m3 as I turned into work once, I made a slow down sign followed by a **** gesture. Turned out it was someone on my team. On entering the car park he got out of his car inviting me to fight..

After feeling a combination of streasful emotions for most of the day I found the courage to go over and make peace, he was apologetic and clearly mortified by his own behaviour. I learned then how some people can’t control their temper very well but it doesn’t necessarily make them bad people.

globalti
    Free Member

That was the BMW “cock” mode, he must have forgotten to switch it off.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Beat him over the head with the office chair, staple his eyes shut
    then splay his innards across the desk.

PS

Please leave a wet floor sign afterwards. You don’t want HR getting
    Involved.

chewkw
    Free Member

flanagaj – Member
    I needed to change lanes and waited for a clearing, I indicated to come across but he then must have sped up to stop me coming across and being in a van, you don’t have the same visibility, so I didn’t realise he come up on the inside. Like I said, a beep would have sufficed.

Why do BritLand drivers get so wound up when someone change lanes? I noticed that from one of my colleague as he got so angry because others were changing lanes much further ahead of him. He simply couldn’t believe why I was so relax when people were cutting in front of me left, right and centre. I told him that’s what people do in the far east. No big deal.

thegreatape
    Free Member

This thread could lead nicely to a mass debate over ‘When to merge, at the merge point or 800 yards before it?’. We haven’t done that for a while.

mt
    Free Member

799 yds

Xylene
    Free Member

May I suggest making friends with him, getting invited around to his house then pissing in his sink?

Wookster

You know what needs to be done…….. Well thinking about it it didn’t end too well for him…….

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Just to double check. When people say ‘polite word’, they mean punch in the throat, right?

jimjam
    Free Member

Just spotted the angry road rage driver who stuck his middle finger at me ..

DezB
    Free Member

Happened to me a couple of years ago, bloke in a Lexus with his arm draped out the window holding a fag.
    Over took me on my bike where there were speedbumps down a hill, cars held up bikes down there. A car was holding me up, he over takes, squeezes into the gap between me and the other car, so I overtake both cars. As I go past he’s shouting out the window at me.
    Imagine his surprise when he turns into the company car park he has just started contracting for and there’s a pissed off cyclist waiting for him. Much fun. 😀

footflaps

On entering the car park he got out of his car inviting me to fight..

Threatening someone at work would be instant dismissal in most companies.

gonzy
    Free Member

how about a fist?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Even trying to run them off the road on the way to work is at some places. Apparently. 😈

(Especially if the bloke in the next car is the most senior person on site)

molgrips
    Free Member

Threatening someone at work would be instant dismissal in most companies.

I honestly never though of that it would have been on camera too. Wouldn’t have wanted to press charges though, he was generally OK, liked and good at his job, even if quick tempered.

Then again, what does making a **** sign count for? Although that was on the road outside!

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Just spotted the angry road rage driver who stuck his middle finger at me ..’ is closed to new replies.