Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Just slipped a disc in my back – OUCH!
  • coffeeking
    Free Member

My doc investigated me several times as I keep having lower back issues when road riding. Then after I was carrying some hay around I really did it in and couldn't stand straight for a week, the only time I got relief from the pain was when I curled up in bed on my side. Toddled off to the docs and he lay me out and went up my spine pushing on each bone in turn with some considerable weight. None of them caused pain and so he concluded that it was muscle based and I should MTFU and take some syndol (wonderful stuff!). Problem is I keep getting the mild form re-occuring so I'm going back to see him again, though I've no idea what I can really say!

woodey
    Free Member

coffeeking

Those were my symptoms EXACTLY, it was moving a fridge that did it for me.

One visit to the osteopath and he found my pelvis our of alighnment and clicked it back in, immediate relief. Now regular application of ice (10 mins on, 20 mins off) and 2 more visits and I'm pretty much back to normal.

If you don't deal with the root cause of the issue it will come back.

IME GPs are very hit and miss with back pain, the fact that he checked your spine and didn't even consider your pelvis (major cause of lower back pain) says it all really…

Osteopaths can now be referred to by the GP however if I was you I would spend the 40 quid and get myself to an osteopath asap.

Drac

Woodey is offering sound advice, it didn't "just happen" lifting the dog in, back injuries tend to accumulation of things over months and even years. Worth asking to your GP for Physio or finding a good one private to try and get to the route of the problem.

coffeeking
    Free Member

I think I'll be booking a visit to the GP and point a few things out. Don't really have £40 knocking about spare each week/month but I suppose I could stop buying bike bits for a while!

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Just slipped a disc in my back – OUCH!’ is closed to new replies.