• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cp.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Just outside Langsett, route advice
  • satchm00
    Free Member

Has anyone ridden on this bit before,

Direction of travel would be Riddlers Green to Windleden looking at the contours.

Can’t find much info on it just trying to find a slightly different loop avoiding the cut gate as it will be just boggin so I’ll just be riding round Langsett reservoir and hopefully adding on a bit.

Worst case I’ll just give it a go but wondered if anyone has ridden it and if its worth riding or if it gets as boggy as the cut gate.

thejesmonddingo

Last time I rode that,it was a dry summer,and the bit down by the reservoir was a swamp.The line from the reservoir to the road is unclear and very uneven,I’ve never bothered again.

tandemwarriors

I’d just go for cake satch 🙂

Rob

satchm00
    Free Member

I might need to take extra cake and a dingy plus paddles. 😆

slimporcini
    Free Member

I was planning on doing cut gate tomorrow, will it really be that bad?

Pook

Saw this online yesterday

twitter linky

Tracey

We were up on Cut Gate on Saturday, last ride before my foot operation on Sunday. The climb up from Langsett was OK. Most of the rest wasn’t up to riding and North America was in a right mess. At one point we lost the back end of the dog under water but she enjoyed it.

One of the good bits

daveh
    Free Member

Think you were on your way down as we were going up (not heeding the advice not to bother – it was an enjoyable walk!). There was probably six or so of us at that stage (I was on a blue rigid 29er), the other half of the group had done the sensible thing and crossed over to cut gate proper to climb without the bog!

Tracey

I remember you coming past, hope you enjoyed the rest of it. It will be bone dry before I get back on it in thirteen weeks time. fingers crossed.

daveh
    Free Member

Not too bad once over the hump, real tough going on the way back down cut gate though, ready for the switch back to suspension now!

satchm00
    Free Member

It will be bone dry before I get back on it in thirteen weeks time.

You’ve jinxed it now! 😉

skydragon
    Free Member

I was planning on doing cut gate tomorrow, will it really be that bad?

I did it on Tuesday, the rocky parts are fine, but much of the route is hike-a-bike and you’d be better waiting for drier conditions. HTH

slimporcini
    Free Member

Cheers guys, was going to do cut gate from Langsett and a few bits around ladybower then back. Thinking now I’ll just do the bits around ladybower.

stevedoc
    Free Member

I didn’t think Cut gate would be that bad ,its been quiet dry this week and warm , we were think about if for Sunday , looks like the longer Ladybower loop for us them ,fingers crossed its like today

Stevelol
    Free Member

I really don’t know why people bother cut gate in anything other than the height of summer or frozen winter, it really cuts it to shreds for those rare periods of the year.

slowoldman

Last time I rode that,it was a dry summer,and the bit down by the reservoir was a swamp.The line from the reservoir to the road is unclear and very uneven,I’ve never bothered again.

My experience too. Plus an over the bars experience. That long drag up alongside the main road is horrible too – parallel ruts.

I won’t be back.

twang
    Free Member

That long drag up alongside the main road is horrible too – parallel ruts.

That’d be the snow road along side Woodhead pass. Horrible it is, not Cutgate though.
    I was up Cutgate on wed and it is mostly a mess. The section between the slabs and the final descent to Cranberry clough is battered! Needs sorting, get DCC on it. 😉

slowoldman

That’d be the snow road along side Woodhead pass. Horrible it is, not Cutgate though

Yes but since the OP was asking about Woodland Clough I assumed the Snow Road would be included in the route.

twang
    Free Member

Oops sorry, thought you were referring to the previous post 😳
    I’ll get back to my friday bottle… 🙂

cp

I didn’t think Cut gate would be that bad ,its been quiet dry this week and warm , we were think about if for Sunday , looks like the longer Ladybower loop for us them ,fingers crossed its like today

Cut gate needs weeks of dry weather or a hard freeze to be any good otherwise its rubbish riding and destroys it.

And it pissed it down on Tuesday

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Just outside Langsett, route advice’ is closed to new replies.