Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Just one wafer thin ride on Rebas with faulty-waiting-to-be-warrantied lockout
  • feenster
    Free Member

Got new rebas. Lockout stopped working after first ride. It's internal, definitely not lock lever or cable or owt. Contacted shop, and need to take back for inspection likely warranty. Told not to ride incase any problems gets worse. However, got a pre-planned ride tomorrow, don't want to miss it. What harm could it do for just one ride one ride? What are the risks?

khani
    Free Member

just one?

just one more?

BOOOOOOOOOMMMM!

feenster
    Free Member

The suspension works perfectly, just can't lock them out.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Just go for a ride, don't tell them. How are they going to find out? I mean, it's not like you've told loads of people on a public forum, is it?

Oh….

feenster
    Free Member

Yeah bit there could be loads of people in my siuation, how would shop know it was me? 😉

nuke

Maybe as simple as just too little oil in the uppers on the moco leg as that would stop the lockout working

feenster
    Free Member

@Nuke, be nice if it was that simple – but are there any scenarions that could allow the shop to say "We can see you've been riding on these forsk after the problem first occurred, and therefore have invalidated your warranty"?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Just one wafer thin ride on Rebas with faulty-waiting-to-be-warrantied lockout’ is closed to new replies.