Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • just moved to Hebden Bridge….
  • wilde86
    Free Member

where are all these trails I keep seeing on videos and reading about!?

anyone know where/how to get to the Midgley Wood trails?

blue pig?!

please assist!

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I don’t think we’re allowed to tell you are we? Anything beyond ‘go ask Blazin’ Saddles’ is strictly taboo on here…

brant
    Free Member

Blue Pig is a bridleway from Heptonstall to the Blue Pig Club near Hardcastle Crags.
    I’ve never ridden Midgely Woods.

allthepies
    Free Member

Just stick your head outside and listen for the obscenities* being shouted from the woods, that’s where to go.

😉

* “‘kin have it yer ***stard” being an example

wilde86
    Free Member

fortune, go on – im a local now 😉 lol

cheers brant, ive heard good things about the blue pig, so il get up to heptonstall and have a balst 🙂

wilde86
    Free Member

sweet cheers Woody :0

wilde86
    Free Member

hahaha allthepies, i heard that coming from the woods over the road from my house… not sure they were bikers though! 😉

woody2000

The pub is at the bottom, you still need to find the top 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Legit ones:
    Blue Pig (as described above)
    Peckett Well A & B (BW from the main road through Peckett Well to Hardcastle Craggs – easily picked out on an OS map). Can be linked up with stuff above Peckett Well towards the top of Luddenden Dean although may be a bit damp at the moment up top.
    zig zags from Slack down to the Jack Bridge BW

Can’t say where the other stuff is. Hebden is so small that literally just go riding and explore anything that looks good. Get to Heptonstall and attempt any trail that points downwards.

Midgeley Woods – look on a map for Midgeley. Theres some woods on the side of the hill. Go and look.

oxnop
    Free Member

Some mentioned above here:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-quR223Ocg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

wilde86
    Free Member

Woody, cheers for that map, rode the trail yesterday, and called into Blazing Saddles, who seemed pretty cool 🙂 gave me some good trails to find! with out giving any away (assuming you guys know them all ready) Hebden certainly has some sweeet descents, which have very steep sides haha) 🙂

cheers again guys!

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Curiously perhaps, that map of Woody’s gives you a very good perimeter to go exploring within. Just ride every footpath you can identify within it and you’ll pick up a lot of the best bits in the area. Enjoy.

tirider
    Free Member

Best thing to do is buy an os map, get out there and ride! Ecky-Thump surely we can’t endorse the use of footpaths 😉 But if you do want showing round let me know, I also live in Hebden.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

tirider, called John, lives in hebden… thinks…

would that be Ragley Ti ? and a 1×9 Nomad ? and previously a Cube Fritz?

Ian S

tirider
    Free Member

No still got the Fritzz!

steel4real
    Free Member

Rumbled 😉

Now get back to work you clowns (and maybe plan a Heb session for New Year ???? )

Stevelol
    Free Member

Cheers for the map woody (and others for info), I’ve been meaning to take a trip to Hebden recently as there seems to be some unbelivably good descents around there. Think I’m going to give that trail a go this week sometime.

Ecky, Ti, S4R – put me down for the new years ride too 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I’ll come along for any group ride too.

woody2000

And me! 🙂

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Seen it before but good vid Oxnop. Not quite sure why but I’ve not ridden Beechnuts all this year… what am I missing!!! Will be up there ASAP for a tech fest I think although nothing I’ve ridden up there beats Peckett Well right from the top of Luddenden Dean for length and variation or Stannys Drop for pure mentalness…

Mrtrotter
    Free Member
    RustySpanner

I only ever see Oxnop in Wales: Penmachno and the arse end of the Rangers path 🙂

I live in Tod & am still finding new bits – only been here 20 years, still finding new trails.

Seriously, look at the map and try everything. Even the pushes are fun.

oxnop
    Free Member

Will be up there ASAP for a tech fest

I’ll come along for any group ride too.

+1

I only ever see Oxnop in Wales: Penmachno and the arse end of the Rangers path

Ha – still remember that day. The mrs got down rangers with 2 dabs and no bike damage, she was so happy she laid her bike down to give me 5 and wrote her forks off by resting stanctions against a rock 👿

Gary_C

Marin_Maketh_The_Man – Member

Ecky, Ti, S4R – put me down for the new years ride too

And me !

ask1974
    Free Member

Oxnop, did you put that vid together? If so what was the tune? Brilliant.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Nice vid Oxnop. Can’t wait to get home next week and smash Hedben with the force of an angry Norse god…
    😈

oxnop
    Free Member

Oxnop, did you put that vid together? If so what was the tune? Brilliant.

Sure did. First day with a GoPro 🙂

Tune = Beck – Cellphone’s dead

wilde86
    Free Member

cheers guys. found a great descent through the woods from peckett well to midgehole. And the way down from hep to heb is sweet!

although pretty slippy and wet at the moment – im used to the sandy trails of ilkley moor/wharfedale area!

tirider, if you wana get out for a quick one this weekend, im up for a few hours saturday morning?

any of you guys on facebook? easier to sort rides etc..

bspoked
    Free Member

That video is superb. Time to get on a train to Hebden I think… Thanks.

yourmywifenow
    Free Member

Top Vid Oxnop. When did you start shaving your legs?

mrh86

Gary_C – Member
    Marin_Maketh_The_Man – Member
    Ecky, Ti, S4R – put me down for the new years ride too

And me !

And me..

Martyn

closetroadie
    Free Member

…and me too!

Some excellent rides round there.

Martyn, I’ll give you a lift

Andrew

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘just moved to Hebden Bridge….’ is closed to new replies.