Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • just how good or hard is single speeding ?
  • mattjg
    Free Member

I find it weird to describe bit it is very satisfying in a strange kind of way.

Yeah agreed, there’s something in there that’s greater than the sum of the parts. I can’t quiet explain it – it may be something to do with not thinking about gears is more calming.

I know that I come back from a ride and I feel good. Better than on my geared bikes? Yeah I think so.

messiah
    Free Member

Bunch of slack-jawed faggots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

They’re just plain good fun. For me it takes me back to being a kid and just blatting about on a bike for fun without really caring about the bike itself.

Allow you to focus on enjoying the ride without having to bother about shifting etc. Will improve your bike handling and fitness no end. Sure there will be stuff you can’t ride up, in which case just carry / push it. You’ll probably still be quicker than someone fiddling away in the granny gear.

Clearing a big climb or a difficult tech section on a singlespeed will put a huge grin on your face, especially if you beat your mates on gearies. Enjoy. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘just how good or hard is single speeding ?’ is closed to new replies.