Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Just had the worst 'ride' in living memory…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Next time I go to the lakes maybe I’ll ride some of the natural stuff around Grizedale. Anyone have any decent gpx’s?

D0NK

The descent from Nan Beild to Haweswater is one of the best in the country.

did that a couple of weeks back. Hard work! One of the less rideable but still good descents I’ve done.

Basically if a ride involves more time walking than riding then it’s a walk

It’s an acquired taste certainly and if you’re walking more of the downs than riding then you (or your mate 🙂 ) has chosen a poor route for you. Aslong as I can ride 90-95% of the down I’m normally happy.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Nope, it’s a day out in the hills, and as such, no better place to be.

I’d agree with that. We did this ride in February and it was mostly unrideable in the wind we encountered it in (and it’s in the new MBR, where they tackled it in better weather and still found it mostly unrideable!), but flippin’ ‘eck it was a grand day out.

lowey

Did that “ride” last week… stunning scenery.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/uKc9eF]IMAG0512[/url] by Dave Lowe, on Flickr

Kunstler

Bad luck OP but well done for persevering and trying to get something out of your day. I’ve had plenty of rides where things have gone wrong or expectations haven’t been met but I’ve found something good to take from the experience. Never regretted a bike ride.

For me an enormous part is just about being there. I’ve done an awful lot of walking over the years and recently came to the conclusion that a lot of it would have been a more fun with a bike. My attitude might temporarily alter if you asked me about it while carrying up an uphill bog in the rain but that usually is soon eclipsed by some kind of rush.

austen

I had a pretty terrible day when I followed some friends around that route. It was just one of those days where I wasn’t feeling it, certainly wasn’t expecting to carry my bike that far (my own fault for not asking), took a big chunk out of my shin and couldn’t get into my groove on the decent at all.

7 years later I’ve got over it and am probably mentally prepared for another go, so put it in your diary for 2022!

Strangely, I had another similarly awful day with the same people out in the Alps last year. Must. Find. New. Friends.

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Just had the worst 'ride' in living memory…’ is closed to new replies.