Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Just had my parcel from PlanetX/On One….
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Placed the order Tuesday and since then been kept bang up to date by Yodel and Planet X about whereabouts of my order.

Received my parcel today and everything present and correct and in perfect condition. Better than expected actually, the Geax Mezcal tubeless tyres at £7.99 each look especially good, very impressive.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Yes

Though the ratio for every success story with Planet one is probably a gazillion crap ones. 😀

leythervegas
    Free Member

maybe, nice to get a bit of balance though mate!

nickjb
    Free Member

I think it happened a week ago to someone else. They were also so surprised they also started a thread.

jeff

Don’t rub it in…I’m still waiting for mine to leave the warehouse.

“Currently we are unable to show the tracking details for this parcel”

iolo
    Free Member

How many bloody threads do we need praising the fact that people get stuff from On One on time?
    I got stuff from amazon, ao.com, pc world and john lewis this week. They all arrived when they said they would but I didn’t feel the need to start thread about it.

STATO
    Free Member

They all arrived when they said they would but I didn’t feel the need to start thread about it.

To be fair, there are so many cock-ups a casual observer might think they were completely incapable, when all us experienced folk know its only mostly incapable 😆 Only fair a few positive threads pop up.

dragon
    Free Member

Simply shows how cr*p they are doesn’t it, as you’d expect to receive goods from other companies and not need to make a song and dance about it. Maybe someone could investigate whether all these positive Planet-X threads are coming from Planet-X towers? Mind STW still haven’t taken up the offer to go and find out the situation with the London Road frames 😥

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Simply shows how cr*p they are doesn’t it, as you’d expect to receive goods from other companies and not need to make a song and dance about it.

+1 the fact that someone thinks promptly receiving the correct goods is worth posting to offset criticism of Planet-X’s inability to build a frame to spec shows how easily some people can be impressed. There’s a difference between putting a £9 tyre someone else made in a jiffy bag and correctly labelling it, and selling some of your own brand £300 frame with defects, and not always resolving such cases to the satisfaction of the consumer.

Funnily enough we get the fact that someone like P-X or Superstar will do a lot of business, and that the majority of their customers will be satisfied, but that doesn’t mean their errors shouldn’t be highlighted so that potential buyers make informed choices (see cookeaa in the London Road thread as an example).

leythervegas
    Free Member

How many bloody threads do we need praising the fact that people get stuff from On One on time?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

These stoooopid threads are probably someone on the inside at Planet X trying to make amends 🙂

leythervegas
    Free Member

Don’t see why a positive thread for an English company that’s done well is ‘stoooopid’. Plenty of negative threads on here about on one and I’ve never had a bad experience with them. And no I don’t work for them.

psycorp
    Free Member

For balance:

It transpires that my 18″ Carbon 456 Evo frame, which I ordered 3 weeks ago and was supposed to have arrived in stock yesterday, will now not be in stock until the 20th July, approximately.

I’m a little pissed off that I had to enquire to find this out, as the website still shows the in stock date to be the 1st, and subsequently more pissed off at the prospect of not getting it for at least another 3 weeks.

Considering cancelling and buying something else.

Northwind

They’ve sent me the right thing, as described, fit for purpose, on time, first time on about 50% of occasions I reckon.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

They’ve sent me the right thing, as described, fit for purpose, on time, first time on about 50% of occasions I reckon.

It’s been about 100% for me – never had a delay or any other problem…maybe i did something special in a former life, but could be that it’s been only smaller basic bits i order, could be a different picture when it comes to full bikes?

nickjb
    Free Member

They messed a chainset and a shifter for me so not huge bits. I think I’m around 50% too.

psycorp
    Free Member

In stock date on the website now changed to the 22nd July. Not trusting them or that. Time to look for an alternative.

Drac

People are happy enough to slate companies for being late and start threads about it. All you get then if we discourage people from starting threads on a good service is unbalanced view.

leythervegas
    Free Member

Negative, moaning threads here only please, no positivity or pats on the back allowed.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Well done, you’ve bought a non-planet x manufactured product and it arrived on time. Good for you. Meanwhile my Planet X carbon frame is still cracked and they’re doing sod all about it.

dragon
    Free Member

People are happy enough to slate companies for being late and start threads about it. All you get then if we discourage people from starting threads on a good service is unbalanced view.

Sounds like STW cuddling up to their mates.

Drac

Sounds like STW cuddling up to their mates.

Did you notice I said companies?

nickjb
    Free Member

All you get then if we discourage people from starting threads on a good service is unbalanced view.

Does delivering the the thing you ordered count as good service? Maybe from on-one 🙂 ‘Good’ should be be going above normal service or dealing with genuine mistakes in a way that benefits the customer

iolo
    Free Member

But 2 threads started this week?
    And is postage really good service?
    If your answer to that is yes then you have very low expectations.

Drac

I agree it’s what they should be doing and understand your point but why stop people from posting about their good experience, really they should go in the same thread I suppose.

Northwind

It gives all us h8ers a chance to froth too so it’s a public service

funkrodent

I’m about 50% with them too. Don’t bother getting anything “big” from them any more, I’d rather pay a bit more and know it’s going to arrive when they say it will, that it’ll be what they say it is and it’ll do what they say it’ll do.

And don’t even get me started on Superstar.. 😐

Drac

It gives all us h8ers a chance to froth too so it’s a public service

I thought that’s what Top Gear threads are for?

leythervegas
    Free Member

But 2 threads started this week?
    And is postage really good service?
    If your answer to that is yes then you have very low expectations.

Not sure if you have read my original post but it’s not just about postage. I got 2 tubeless tyres for 7.99 each. I didn’t expect much for that price but they are excellent.

Well done, you’ve bought a non-planet x manufactured product and it arrived on time. Good for you. Meanwhile my Planet X carbon frame is still cracked and they’re doing sod all about it.

Totally sympathise but because you are having problems doesn’t mean every single other customer is. I’ve had a carbon on one frame and it didn’t crack. Well done me again.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Sorry this is a week old just venting a bit of frustration, the bike isn’t due to arrive yet but…. I liked this little comment from their Website.

“If you order a bike please note that all our bikes are custom built to order. When you order a bike, it is scheduled into the ‘build queue’ and you will be notified of a bike build (birth!) date. We keep you informed every step of the way; currently the build queue is 6 to 8 working days”

Build time is 3 to 5 days atm, but I am yet to receive a email from them on a Kaffenback I ordered on Friday, the only correspondence I have had from them is from the help ticket I submitted.
    Saying that the bike has progressed from picking to packing (not build phase?) doesn’t help I forgot I was going on to visit the out-laws next week, I did email them asking to change the address but they cant as it’s my 1st order, except I’ve order wheels before now…. so am hoping it will be here by Saturday…..If not I will have to call Yodel to see if they will keep hold of it for a week, Joy!

Anyways again sorry to bring up a old thread, thought it better then another “Oh No Planet X/On-One thread”

Cheers, Steve

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Feeling better, Yodel came through and got it down to me in under 24hrs 😀

Cheers, Steve

gavmtb
    Free Member

Not aware of any problems with Planet X until reading this, but ordered a top / bib shorts bundle this week from them.

Ordered Thursday Morning
    Dispatched Thursday evening
    Missed postman Friday Morning
    Collected from sorting office Friday Afternoon
    Worn for ride this morning.

Can’t complain at that to be honest!

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ve never had any problems ordering from PX/OO.

Folk may moan about these threads but they seem to me to redress the balance against the publicity that bad experiences get.

And not to excuse it, but if things don’t go fantastically with cheap online outfits, I see it as part of the deal.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

I dont think my frustrations were helped by the fact their computer system wasn’t sending me emails, so I didn’t get any confirmation emails/invoice etc only contact I had was through help tickets/phone.

Cheers, Steve

granny_ring

My latest delivery from them was addressed to a nearby house.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Just had my parcel from PlanetX/On One….’ is closed to new replies.