Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Just got weighed……;o(
  • emsz
    Free Member

22 stone 10 pounds = 144.242374kg

I’m so shit at maths, that’s more than three of me!!

sorry Ton, that probably doesn’t help huh?

ton

emsz, no worries, i got myself into a bad way, i will try and get myself out.

solo, or anyone with any idea, i have been reading about the paleo diet on the link posted.
    on the idiet there is a no fruit rule and you can eat pulses, yet on the paleo diet it appears to be the opposite.
    can anyone explain why?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Don’t diet, waste of time, just watch the amount of rubbish your eating, which must be quite a lot.

Ditch the bike and go running will burn more calories quicker.

iDave
    Free Member

You think someone 22.5 stone with a heart condition should go running? How good is your professional indemnity insurance?

ton

😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

solo, or anyone with any idea, i have been reading about the paleo diet on the link posted.
    on the idiet there is a no fruit rule and you can eat pulses, yet on the paleo diet it appears to be the opposite.
    can anyone explain why?

differing theories about what makes you fat. ithink iDave is concerned more about the sugars. Its not the conventional medical position but it is not daft and it is sustainable

iDave
    Free Member

ton, on the fruit thing, fructose, the fruit sugar, is dealt with quite differently by the body than other sugars and is more likely to lead to weight gain. The paleo stuff generally focuses on berries in season, but also doesn’t account for how sweet fruit has been propagated nowadays compared to the past. It also emphasises a lot of low level exercise as well – long daily walks and so on

savagejim
    Free Member

Hey Ton.

Worth throwing some weight training into the mix.

Provided the ticker will take it do squats, deadlift & benchpress.

If you can get your big muscle groups working hard regularly you will speed up your resting metabolism significantly, so you’ll be burning more all the time.

Also, the endorphins are good, your shape will change faster & you’ll feel more positive.

And at 22 stone you’ll be strong already!

iDave
    Free Member

Just don’t do a valsalva maneuver if you lift weights, ie, maybe don’t lift weights.

emsz
    Free Member

i got myself into a bad way, i will try and get myself out.

good luck, what are they doing to sort out your heart thingy?

davidjones15
    Free Member

Why, in the face of independant evidence/anecdotal evidence on here, do you resist the iDave diet so much?

iDave
    Free Member
    Solo
    Free Member

I agree with iDave, after all, he has the Knowledge
    🙂

Especially wrt to Fructose.
    I had already read a bit about HFCS, but the vid iDave linked to the other day was very good watching, imo.
    Dealing with the sugar in its natural state and with what man does with it.
    It either scares you or hacks you off something awful.

Anyway. If you go back a bit, you’ll see that I have followed a semi paleo, semi iDave plan.
    I do not do the fruit thing, I don’t really agree with Mark on that and its for the reasons iDave points out.
    Man has husbanded fruit now to such a level of sweetness, that it probably wouldn’t be recognizable to our ancestors.
    Way too much sugar in it, Fructose.
    Then consider that the human body doesn’t really like fructose, and thats all I need to say no to fruit.
    If you can’t see your long term future living without fruit.
    Then at least give it up for a few months while you focus on your weight reduction, you can always revisit the fruit issue later.

I know its a difficult one to get your head around.
    At least in the UK, we’ve been brained washed with the theory that fruit can do no wrong, fruit is wonderful and all that.
    I’m, just suggesting you give it a miss.
    You’ll still get your vits and mins from other stuff.
    I promise you, I haven’t eaten hardly any fruit during the last two years, like one punnet.
    And I suffer no ill effect from this lack of fruit in my diet.

I also agree about the exercise thing.
    iDave suggested walks, moderate hikes, etc.
    Mark claims to go for a short hike somedays, when hes not in the gym.

Get your weight down first of all, with a range of meals and new eating habits that you are capable of sustaining, indefinately.

This should see your weight drop at which point, then discuss your heart issues and exercise goals with your Doc.
    Is what I’d do.
    Ultimately you should exercise, but I think iDave is right to question what and to which level of intensity you should try for, in light of your particular health issues.

Good luck.
    iDave is a good guy, he helps alot.
    See if you can contact him off Forum.
    We’d all like to see you get over this.
    But you’re going to be doing all the work.
    It’ll be well worth it though.

ton – what sort of stuff do you eat, at what intervals and what quantities?

I’m not going to bang on about my diet again, but I have a set of foodgroups and eating habits that I employ, are tasty and don’t mean cutting out all the nice stuff – it always works for me (11st 5lbs – from 13st 7lbs in a few months and previously been 15st 7lbs)

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Just got weighed……;o(’ is closed to new replies.