Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Just filmed and edited this…Opinions please
  • GaVgAs
    Free Member

I think I got one or two riders names wrong and the musics a bit rubbish, I would be interested to get some feedback on this ta,…go on do yer best, rip it apart.. 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good wee piece, Gav, nice.

billysugger
    Free Member

Gid.

Needed more 80s Europop.

How nice is Hannah

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Its good but you’re left wondering what a rider perspective would be like.

Definatley well put together.

richard1972
    Free Member

Looks great, what do you use to edit the film?

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I used the standard Windows movie editing software for the sony (long zoom) shots and I movie for the static clips,I found some compatibility issues with the windows system, hence the black framing around the picture although i am happy with the overall result.

landcruiser
    Free Member

It’s good ! Very watchable 🙂

Gonna watch it again…

composite
    Free Member

I like the way its shot. It’s more like how sports is shot as opposed to the overly cinematic way that a lot of mountain bike videos are shot these days. A few bits of POV might have been nice as mentioned, but only as an added sweetener. 🙂

I like the edit itself I think it cut in the right places and the pacing was good. I liked the “blur” transition but it might have been nice to have that dotted through the whole thing. Ultimately though simple cuts are ALWAYS right. You used one “barn door” like transition at one point that I thought was a bit tacky and felt out of place.

Music is a bit corporate video stock music. I have listened to hours and hours of that stuff in the past and it doesn’t get any better.

You have already mentioned it but personally I find the black around the image really annoying. I’m anal though when it comes to these sorts of “technical” things with video making, as that sort of stuff is almost always avoidable.

On the whole I thought it was a good job, I liked it. 8)

Hopk1ns
    Free Member

Great video, well done.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Fantastic I thought. Captures the event. I just wish i was there!

SaxonRider

A first response only:

Very nice. I LOVE seeing good riding up close. I have forwarded the youtube link to a friend to watch (bu who is not on this forum) knowing that he, too, will enjoy it.

althepal

Noted to watch later!

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I like it on the whole ,but why did you repeat the shot at 1:18 3 times in a row? I could understand once and then a second time in slow mo, but not 3 times.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Some great feedback guys, and I appreciate it for future work, the section at 1:18 actually was pretty tricky,The guy filmed was one of the first to clean it on the day, and the organisers were thinking of taking it out on the Sunday due to the risk of overshooting the corner and the rather big drop on the exit. A remedial tree soon sorted that and to there credit they left the section in on the day.
    I agree a bit of go pro and maybe the odd interview at the start might have improved things a bit i suppose a bit of variation in the shots is key. thanks again. 8)

rockhopperbike

I thought it was good, nice change to have some actual bike noises along with the music.

andrew277
    Free Member

great vid really enjoyed watching it.

Just out if interest what are the 3 stages as the riding looks awesome

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I liked the fact there’s no point of view stuff… they are usually shakey, rattly and don’t give a real impression of the size of the terrain being ridden, plus POV is SOOO overdone it gets boring. I crave for more trailside footage in bike and trail videos.

I wish I’d been at the Dudes but it’s all marked in the diary for next year.

GaVgAs
    Free Member

I think inspiring people to do something is the biggest complement I can get, thanks glasgowdan

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Andrew 277, The trails used are on the Eastern side of Kinlochleven from the Dam towards the town itself,I think the last part of the Ciaran path was used too.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Just filmed and edited this…Opinions please’ is closed to new replies.