Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Just cut myself…
  • aracer
    Free Member

on the new sink, when peeling off the "caution sharp edges" label which they'd stuck right across the plughole, which means you end up faffing around near the sharp edges to get it off 🙄

bassspine
    Free Member

emo sink?

AgentOrange
    Free Member

Heard that excuse a few times from other self-harmers 😉

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Are you ok crossing the road unaided?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

It's the weather – I sliced my finger open on a can of corned beef yesterday. It is now bulging and smelling. LOL!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Does nobody understand you?
    MTFU (seeing as no one else has said it!)

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

Stainless steel cuts seem to hurt more .
    I work with sheet metal quite a bit . Stainless cuts always seem to go a bit red and sore the day after. Maybe it's because I'm working with my hands and that , but I dunno , a nick from Ali , or galv ' , doesnt seem as bad .
    My advice is to get down to A+E ASAP . Tell em to take it off at the elbow.

bigyinn
    Free Member

At least its not CF, his heart would have been clogged with all the shards by now.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

when peeling off the "caution sharp edges" label

😕 I've never seen a plumber do that

💡 ……….do you think most plumbers have an above average IQ ?

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

No , but I know one really brainy one , that bumps up the figures .

aracer
    Free Member

I've never seen a plumber do that

Yeah, but plumbers probably don't get their sinks from Focus, so don't get stupid labels across somewhere you want to fit a seal. Even if you left it there you'd still have to cut out the middle, right next to the sharp edges.

CountZero

You want to get cuts from freshly punched out corrugated cardboard. That's like a three foot long stanley knife blade. Evil stuff. Burns from industrial hot-glue guns make interesting blisters too, kinda like boiling jam dripped on your hand. Smarts a bit.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

so don't get stupid labels across somewhere you want to fit a seal.

Although I'm not a plumber, I'm fairly sure I've seen the stupid labels on sinks on site. I believe they put them across the hole to stop people poking their fingers and cutting themselves whilst carrying the sink.

BTW, did you know that the reason they are called 'stupid labels' is because they are there to warn 'stupid people'……..who would have thought it, eh ?

bigyinn
    Free Member

PMSL at Ernie! Sarcasm at its finest!

aracer
    Free Member

Well since I'm obviously too thick to work it out Ernie, how am I supposed to fit the drain without removing the bit of the label covering the hole?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Just cut myself…’ is closed to new replies.