• This topic has 70 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by gk74.
Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Just checked M&S turkey bought yesterday and 14.12.16 use by!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Waaaaaitttt!
    Mates just posted a pic on facebook of his m and s turkey.
    Doesn’t look anything like this does it?

pinder318
    Free Member

I’ve just checked ours picked up yesterday 6/12/16 smells OK so should just be a miss print.

hora
    Free Member

A good time to turn vegetarian

martinhutch

Good point. I turn mine about once an hour. How can you tell when they’re done?

ninfan
    Free Member

I just asked my mum, as the families resident expert in all things Marks and Spencer

She says to get it cooked, and that Turkeys are like men, only worth having if they’re well hung…

I fear we may have to restrict her wine intake from this point on.

hora
    Free Member

Begs the question, is she still married to your Dad? 😯

ninfan
    Free Member

Looks like it’s one of the few traits of his that I didn’t inherit Hora 😳

Gary_C

I fully expect to see this story in The Daily Fail

This.

With a photo of the whole family looking glum with their ‘compo faces’ on…

😀

wallop

This thread has literally had me on a precipice all day.

CHB

Just devoured our M&S turkey. Didn’t check the date, but is smelt just fine, especially with the rosemary, garlic and stuffing added.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

I refuse to book a time slot to get supermarket meat. That’s all.

funkmasterp

Did you man up and eat the Turkey or chicken out? Use by dates are just guidelines to cover the sellers. If it smells good it’ll be right. Not cooking it just because of a recommended date is a poultry excuse for not gobbling it up.

BigJohn

I roasted a 6lb sirloin. Didn’t have a date on it because it came from a butcher. (May have to explain that concept for readers under 55).
    Cooked it until thermometer got to 54C in the middle. And it was perfect.
    Proper gravy and a separate red wine and wild mushroom sauce.
    In an hour we will be laying the table for Christmas supper.
    Cold beef, cold ham (which I cooked yesterday) home made picallili, pickled onions, chilli jam and lots of cheese.
    Bikes in the back of the van to ride home because we’re pist on champagne and claret.

slowoldman

Excellent. My splendid butcher prepared me a nice loin of pork which I stuffed with prunes soaked in brandy.

Currently feeling no pain.

taxi25
    Free Member

Always laugh at people who need a label to tell them if something is fit to eat 😆 If it smells good, looks and feels good, cook it properly and get it down you :D. But I agree M/S is going to get crucified over this !!

project
    Free Member

may have been one of these turkeys freind or relative, lovely intelligent creatures, they are.[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O-AyhO88oU[/video]

Probably all dead now, filmed last year.

woody21
    Free Member

Any news?

rmacattack
    Free Member

currently hovering 1″ of the toilet seat due to thrust propulsion i guess.

woody21
    Free Member

Will afterburners be engaged?

deadkenny
    Free Member

If it smells a bit iffy, just turn it into a curry.

bigblackheinoustoe
    Free Member

Panicked for moment as I had lost my *bookmark* but fortunately I had pinned a note with the url to this saga on the kitchen notice board plus I’d also created a reminder on my pda. Did the OP survive?

spooky_b329

My Brother discovered their M&S Turkey, dated 26.12.16, was going rotten and stinking out the fridge late on Christmas Eve!

It has been kept in a fridge that is cold enough to freeze anything left at the back.

From the photos, it looks like they manage to find a Ham or something to go with their roast potatoes…

P.S – No amount of cooking will make off meat safe, the waste produced by the bacteria will spoil the meat and still make you ill…I think that’s correct?

Drac

A brown Christmas.

I roasted a 6lb sirloin. Didn’t have a date on it because it came from a butcher. (May have to explain that concept for readers under 55).

Why, is there alternatives?

pacef8
    Free Member

So is anyone dead yet apart from the other bloke in the news.

pondo

gk74 has been often in my thoughts these last 24 hours.

wwaswas

Still on tenterhooks here.

deadkenny
    Free Member

P.S – No amount of cooking will make off meat safe, the waste produced by the bacteria will spoil the meat and still make you ill…I think that’s correct?

There’s the pink slime process MuckyD used before Jamie pratface kicked a fuss about it.

aracer
    Free Member

#prayforgk74

zippykona

Is 2016 really the best year to be eating out of date turkey?

bearnecessities

So?

My money is on the turkey has come back to life, trussed up the OP, stuck some rosemary up his arse and left him on the counter at M&S customer services.

gk74

Update….after 48 hours in hospital the family are now all safely home…well not quite….turkey is still in an unconsumed condition….friends came to the rescue with Turkey mk2 (care of Aldi!!) which was safely consumed on Christmas Day. The M&S Turkey is in deep freeze pending discussions with our friends at M&S customer services….watch this space for further news on #turkeygate and thank you for the #prayforgk74 hashtag…it means a lot at this difficult time.

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Just checked M&S turkey bought yesterday and 14.12.16 use by!!’ is closed to new replies.