Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • just bought me a nespresso………
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Went to pick up a portable DVD player for junior and came home with a basic krups nespresso machine too!

Was an impulse buy at £50 and seemed too good to pass up 😉

Now I need to by some pods for it. What do you guys recommend and where from?

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

I worked at someone’s house and i think they used roma pods, also had a nespresso milk frothing machine, was really nice 😀

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Buy direct from Nespresso or, if you are in London, Birmingham of Manchester, from a Nespresso Boutique. Capsules are sold in packs of 10 for £3.

Don’t buy off ebay, they are twice the price.

lucien

Green ones are my fave!

Kryton57

technicallyinept – Member
    Buy direct from Nespresso or, if you are in London, Birmingham of Manchester, from a Nespresso Boutique. Capsules are sold in packs of 10 for £3.

No they aren’t. They are sold in packs of 10 capsules at 10 x the capsule price, which isn’t always 30p. Nespresso website is the cheapest, and offered free capsule recycling/collection and will email you with limited edition capsule offers. Their service is very good.

Kuco

And don’t bother paying with express delivery unless you really need them as it’s never took more than three days with standard delivery which is free if you iirc spend £50 on capsules.

dantsw13

£50 is a very good price !! Where was it – I may get one for my parents?

For a latte, I stopped using the Aeroccino (milk frother/warmer) and just put it in the microwave for 50 sec.

wwaswas

They go upto 11 with strength now too 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

Love mine, see my thread….

MrSmith
    Free Member

How much does a double shot of nespresso cost?

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

This…… , went to the store, paid 49.99

Kryton57

MrSmith – Member

?? Twice the cost of a single capsule.

rbrstr
    Free Member

if you want a larger cup of coffee instead of a standard espresso you want the lungo capsules
    direct from nespresso is cheaper and quicker even with their pisstakingly expensive delivery charge of 4.95

technicallyinept
    Free Member

No they aren’t. They are sold in packs of 10 capsules at 10 x the capsule price, which isn’t always 30p. Nespresso website is the cheapest, and offered free capsule recycling/collection and will email you with limited edition capsule offers. Their service is very good.

Sorry, should I have listed each variety to the nearest penny?

Kryton57

Just tell the op the detail accurately. You made a statement which is factually incorrect, no need to get on your high horse about it.

MrSmith
    Free Member

?? Twice the cost of a single capsule.

And a capsule is 30p or “isn’t allways 30p” ?
    You have to register on the nespresso site to get the prices.
    Thought maybe a nespresso user would know

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Just tell the op the detail accurately. You made a statement which is factually incorrect, no need to get on your high horse about it.

I was only trying to be helpful, approximating the cost and suggesting the OP buy direct and NOT use ebay etc. I buy mine from the Nespresso shop in the Trafford Centre.

They can be found on Amazon for £7 for 10 (so more than chuffing double)

You don’t need to register online to see prices, just click on Coffee, then ’16 Grand Crus.’ All espresso blends are 29p, pure origins 33p and lungos 30p – I haven’t bought any decaff.

Didn’t realise the level of detail that was expected of me (hope the above is better) – for a moment I forgot I was on STW

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Thanks all, I’m passing the Trafford center tomorrow so will call in to the nespresso outlet

Kryton57

Didn’t realise the level of detail that was expected of me (hope the above is better) – for a moment I forgot I was on STW

*Chuckles* Sorry. (kinda 😉 )

liquid1000
    Free Member

FFS people chillax!

konabunny
    Free Member

The nespresso shop closest to me (and I assume the same is true everywhere) is infuriating. You can’t just get three boxes off the shelf, you have to go for a bloody interview where every other statement is a repetition of what you just told them, or an upselling. They badger you for your stupid nespresso club membership, which never ever comes up when they search for it, and aaaarrghggh

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘just bought me a nespresso………’ is closed to new replies.