Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Just bought and read….
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

….after lurking and occasionally posting on these here forums for ages and ages, my first actual physical copy of “Singletrack” magazine.

I really enjoyed it. Its more “lifestyley” than most other bike mags, I found.

It reminds me a little of how “Edge” used to be back in the day- opinions seem to be more important than technical specs.

I may well buy another, come the time.

That is all.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I may well buy another, come the time.

It’s important not to make rash and hasty decisions, so give the issue some consideration before committing yourself again. Although try to be certain by the time you are in the queue to pay for the magazine.

The fact that you have enjoyed your first purchase provides reasonable evidence that a second purchase would possibly be a worthwhile exercise – I would focus on that aspect.

Good luck……I’m sure you’ll make the right decision.

BTW, after well over 20 years of “thinking about it” as a result of endless encouragement from others, and over a year of intensely “thinking about it”, I eventually took the plunge a couple of weeks ago and bought a copy of the Ragged Trousered Philanthropists. I held it hesitantly for a while on Waterstones, even returning it to the shelf a couple of times, before finally taking decisive action and going to the pay desk with it firmly clasped to my bosom.

And I have to say I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever. My great fear was that the whole excise would prove to be a complete waste of time as I have an inbuilt aversion to reading story books. And it wasn’t until I held a copy of it in Waterstones that I realised how **** huge it is. Yet despite the daunting challenge it has presented me with I am enjoying it immensely – and I’m averaging almost 20 pages per week 🙂

nicko74

It reminds me a little of how “Edge” used to be back in the day

Good analogy – I always used to find Edge a little daunting at first, because it was too wordy, and didn’t get to the point (‘for God’s sake, do you like the game or not?!’), but that’s what made it stand out, and in the long run, made it more enjoyable and worthwhile reading.

GregMay
    Free Member

Except for the fact that it wont be in the shops anymore…so you’d better subscribe 🙂

Cougar

It will, you’ll just need to go to your LBS for it.

GregMay
    Free Member

Ahh that is a bit better so 🙂

It just arrives in my door anyway so happy days!

peterfile
    Free Member

What’s Singletrack? Actually, what’s a magazine? Is it on the internet?

I’m reading a book called The Penal Colony right now, which was completely free and is actually quite hard to put down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Just bought and read….’ is closed to new replies.