Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Just bought a 10 YO Audi A3 3.2 DSG, will I die in dept ?
  • PePPeR

That’s the same with the Renault kit, I won’t skimp, in the cam belt side of cars at all.

If one of these Renault belts let’s go it’s all 16 valves gone for a Burton!

jambalaya
    Free Member

2unfit we love an update – loosely thinking about an A3 Quattro myself

As an aside I get 23 avg from my Cayman S (driven as it should be) and 29 on a run at a steady pace

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

jambalaya, when I’m driving 911’s I get about 24mpg in the same driving conditions, a lot less if I don’t have to pay for the fuel, so I guess the Audi is economical 😆

Oh, you can fit a roof rack with a box & bike carrier so why change! 😉

sharkbait
    Free Member

29 on a run at a steady pace

Meh. 33 average and 37 on a steady run (still not slowly) on a Cayenne (’tis a diesel though) 🙂

bob_summers

After a club dinner a riding mate gave me a lift home in his boring looking Audi estate (I’d gone on my bike but was too drunk to ride the 30km home at 2am). I fully crapped my pants it was so fast, and I used to ride GSX-Rs. WTF was it? I know nowt about cars. He said it had a V10 engine.

hora
    Free Member

Lease Cayenne? Lots of them about.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Nah, paid for. Lots cos they iz good.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

WTF was it? I know nowt about cars. He said it had a V10 engine.

RS6 Avant, mental sounding things, same basic engine as a R8 & lambo :mrgreen:

hora
    Free Member

Okaay. You paid in full for a diesel Porsche? I’m calling shenanigans or a troll.

The RS6 – there’s a topic somewhere on PH where owners love them but say there’s no drama or soul. I can see where they are coming from but I’d still have one any day.

sharkbait
    Free Member

It was 2 years old so considerably less than the new price and I can’t see the point in paying more to ‘rent’ when I have the money – which I did at the time.

hora
    Free Member

OP 700 ‘trade price’. What’s the current price to customers to change the upper chain?

Any dsg issues?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Mark, I think around £1000 + is the norm, probably double at Audi, it was about 15 hours work ( maybe 10-12 if you had done it before a few times)+ £400 for the bits, no issues with dsg so far.

Cheers.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Not necessarily an RS6 – the S6 has the same V10 engine, just a bit detuned. IIRC it’s the same basic engine as the Gallardo. Still well over 400bhp though.

The S6 is becoming a bit of a performance estate bargain. I expect with a 5.0 V10 the running costs are eye watering.

My boss has a current model RS6 that has been mapped & makes over 700bhp. It’s hilariously bonkers, but the running costs are mind blowing, which is only to be expected really.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Just bought a 10 YO Audi A3 3.2 DSG, will I die in dept ?’ is closed to new replies.