Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Just been told my frame is snapped
  • milkyman
    Free Member

I took my bike in for a service (spicy 516) only to get a phone call to say that the frame is snapped on the swing arm, its under warranty so will be replaced, not long ago the main frame snapped down near the bottom bracket, so not having a good day, seems to be always in the shop for something, up shot is I am thinking get rid and get a new bike, been toying with the bionicon telsa, I know its not to every ones taste but I do like being able to adjust the geometry, so has any one go one of these, be interested to know what they are like
    cheers from a well fed up craig

Buttscratcher
    Free Member

I’d be looking for a bike which has excellent backup from the dealer, as you may be either unlucky or a bit harsh on your bikes.

A good LBS, and a good setup from the distributor is what you’ll be after, legendary service…..

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Where you from? there’s a bionicon demo day near me (North Yorks) on sat.

trevron73
    Free Member

Took mine for a service on Monday told £225 for service ,then they called today and said frame has a gouge near the bb chainring area and is unsafe and needs to be replaced -so i feel your pain . My wife went mad when i told her ?

trevron73
    Free Member

Took mine for a service on Monday told £225 for service ,then they called today and said frame has a gouge near the bb chainring area and is unsafe and needs to be replaced -so i feel your pain . My wife went mad when i told her ?

hexhamstu
    Free Member

A gouge? haha they’re having you on surely!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am not showing them mine then

And £225 for a service 😯

havinalaff
    Free Member

I would defo trial the bionicon. My mate had one on a trip to scotland. It was awful. Heavy with cack forks. Certainly not in the same performance ballpark as the lappierre.

andyl
    Free Member

your wife went mad that you spent £225 on a service? Could buy a bike for that!

johnj2000
    Free Member

+1 for the £225 last full service on my full sus was around 100. Mind you if you need new cassettes and suchlike I bet it can add up.

trail_rat
    Free Member

good back up and bionicon do not go together.

when dealers return their personal bikes due to lack of spares and back up of their equipment that tells a bigger picture.

jamj1974

I can understand paying for shock servicing and even for maintaining hydraulic brakes in terms of bleeding, seal replacement etc… Surely though it makes sense to be able to service the rest of your bike yourself…? I know it takes time and the gaining of skills/experience but surely it pays real dividends in terms of economy and the ability to complete trail side fixes or ad-hoc adjustment/tuning…?

andy7t2
    Free Member

£225 for service

😯

i’ll do it for £215

trevron73
    Free Member

I wish i had the time to do maintenance my self. I am a chef and i work 5 days and nights at 09am till 11pm/11:30pm so i get 2 full days off in which to have a beer ,go shopping be a husband and finally ride my bike ? when im off i just want to ride ,i guess i need to try do basic maintence and clean the bike up? or just buy decent parts that have good seals ?

fieldy
    Free Member

As soon as I read the title I guessed it would have been a Lapierre! A couple of lads who I ride with have had issues. One is on his fourth frame and one is on his second. The LBS has been good with the replacements though.
    Even though they are good looking bikes it puts me off getting one!
    Mind you, when you have a frame with warning stickers that tell you not to machine wash, tumble dry or iron??? You could question it’s integrity as a mountain bike!

jamj1974

Totally understand where you are coming from Trevron73. The hours in catering or restaurant businesses can be bloody long! Brother in law is a chef and partner in his own business and he works incredibly hard.

kendo954
    Free Member

I toyed with a spicy before opting for the alpine, not saying to orange won’t break but it even looks a lot stronger and built up right not much heavier if at all.

Waderider
    Free Member

The cost of a service depends totally on what needs done you eijeets.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/service – Trevron’s £225 service – more than a service 😉

As others have said backup is great. See if you can get a refund on the 2x snapped frame. Once is unfortunate…

Try as many as you can and see what comes out in the wash – the thread will continue with I have xxxxxx it’s the bestest. Your current shop should be able to oblige you with some test bikes if they want you to get sorted.

Junkyard
    Free Member

that is not a service it is a replace of everything consumable bar front chain rings

£225 pounds – new cassette/chain , new rear mech , headset bb and fork service ,new pawls on the freewheel ,new gear cables and outers.

TO be fair not a bad shop price for all that

timmys

My wife went mad when i told her ?

What part of that sentence is a question?

I am a chef and i work 5 days and nights at 09am till 11pm/11:30pm so i get 2 full days off in which to have a beer ,go shopping be a husband and finally ride my bike ?

What part of that sentence is a question?

Gary_C

The grammar police are up late… 🙄

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Just been told my frame is snapped’ is closed to new replies.