Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Just been paintballing
  • smudge
    Free Member

Whilst on holiday.

How good is that! Never done it before and was surprised how much I enjoyed it.

Felt like Jack Bauer for an hour or so lol

Anyone else done or does it? Guess it can get fairly expensive once you get sucked in.

Smudge

damion
    Free Member

They say its more addictive and expensive than cocaine.

I've got myself down to just three markers, and have had to knock the tournaments on the head due to lack of time. I just do 'Big Game' scenario style stuff as and when these days.

Steer well clear.

hora
    Free Member

I was sooo worried that it'd really hurt. Its just been rapped with knuckles (nowt)! 😀

rkk01
    Free Member

Tried it once.

Expected it to be huge fun – and it was. Didn't expect to be hit with the huge ethical impact of aiming a gun at someone and then firing it.

Bloody expensive on ammo though

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I used to go all the time when I was having my "funny do's"

It was a good way of getting me accustomed to pointing a gun at a living thing and then pulling the trigger.

I wanted to see what it felt like, on a lesser level, before I went and did it for good with a real gun.

Fortunately she died before I had to go through with it

tron
    Free Member

Didn't expect to be hit with the huge ethical impact of aiming a gun at someone and then firing it.

Had you handled a proper firearm before?

RealMan
    Free Member

Great fun, but as everyone else has said, really expensive. That lottery advert on tv though, where they're getting choppered in and playing a massive game in the jungle, now that looks sick.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Rad to the power of sick infact.

It is fun. It does hurt if you get hit on a boney spot (the head), or if your final "game" is "everyone with ammo left 6ft from the object, the winner is the last one with paint left – you can wimp out and walk away if you find it too painful".

RealMan
    Free Member

We played it in December or something, on a horrible day. People were wimping out from being too cold. Getting hit on a freezing cold hand hurts a lot. Still it was so much fun. More fun I reckon then it would've been mtbing that day.

rkk01
    Free Member

Had you handled a proper firearm before?

Yep – that was the route cause of my initial reaction.

Brought up with guns and had gun use / safety drummed into me from the time I could walk. Never, EVER, point a gun at anyone… even as a 6-8 yr old, pointing a cap gun at someone would have earned me a clip arund the ear.

I_Ache
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    I used to go all the time when I was having my "funny do's"

It was a good way of getting me accustomed to pointing a gun at a living thing and then pulling the trigger.

I wanted to see what it felt like, on a lesser level, before I went and did it for good with a real gun.

Fortunately she died before I had to go through with it

Gillian you have really lost the plot!

damion
    Free Member

Now this is where is gets expensive…. but the yanks always have to go a step too far!

Derder Videos

shepleg
    Free Member

Did on a stag do in some caves they used to grow mushrooms in near Budapest just a few arc lamps dotted about good fun as half pi*&ed, bruised all over though.

spooky_b329

I've been three or four times, it does hurt a lot more in winter, a strike on cold knuckles or other pointy bit can be very painful, plus the balls are harder in the cold. I'm not sure if the knuckle strike or the paintball finding its way through the back of my mask and hitting my ear was more painful!

neilp
    Free Member

If you enjoy paintball i would recommend you try airsoft! Very similar but you use bb's instead of paintballs and the guns are virtually identical replicas of real steel guns! Also the cost of ammo is a lot cheaper, a bag of 5000 bb's costs a tenner or less and will last most people all day, even the more trigger happy shooter!

Check it out!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

and the guns are virtually identical replicas of real steel guns!

See, this is where it starts to get a bit disturbing for me.

I've no doubt paintballing is fun, and I'd love to give it a go. I think you can go too far though.

And yes, I have handled and fired real guns. And had one pointed at me.

LycraLout
    Free Member
    TiRed

Took 12 boys paintballing for my son's 12th birthday last year. Previously they had all done "laserquest". The smell of adrenaline after the first round as 12 boys and two dads emerged having been "shot at with real bullets" was worth the medium priced hardtail the eventual day cost me.

We rationed the ammo, and the boys were nowhere near as trigger happy as i'd expected. They were also indignant when adults didn't play fair. As a side-effect, we spawned an epidemic of paintball birthdays! Son1 is off to another this weekend.

Northwind

I love it, I like laserquest too mind but paintballing just does better at the suspension of disbelief, since with laserquest you're only ever shooting at little targets, you're never really shooting at people. Same might well be true of airsoft, never done that. Have to say I don't do it very often, it's expensive and addictive after all. But it's ace!

Last time I did it was great, I was with a group of real city boys and they couldn't stop thinking of bushes as basically solid objects. The arenas all had loads of mature rhododendron bushes which are basically empty inside with leaves on the outside, so I could sneak around happily and be literally 2 foot from them and they'd never notice til after I'd shot them right in the arse. Never gets dull :mrgreen:

4ndyB
    Free Member

Airsoft is awesome, much more fun than Paintballing IMO

My local Airsoft arena: http://www.arenaairsoft.com/

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Just been paintballing’ is closed to new replies.