Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • just been 'hit and run'
  • adamsmithoutdoors
    Free Member

Hi git hit me off the bike and drove on during morning commute. Bike has superficial damage, can I claim on insurance or do I just mourn the lose of its virgin newness?
    🙁
    PS I walked away with only cuts etc and my butt showing through the trusty Ron Hills

project
    Free Member

Motor insurers Bureu,pay compensation in cases of hit and runs,and uninsured drivers.

sputnik
    Free Member

Sorry to hear about it mate. Did the driver realise he hit you?
    If you managed to get the Reg of the car you can make a claim, and you should report to police as well.
    I was in a hit and run in Aug. Was badly cut and bruised but nothing broken( was doing 30mph when it happened!)
    Was three young lads in the car. They stopped, had a look at me on the ground with a fubar-ed bike and sped off.
    Unfortunately I did not get the cars Reg…

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

You'll need to report the hit and run to the police too. Usually in person at your local/nearest police station.

adamsmithoutdoors
    Free Member

sadly, car was gone before I could do anything. Reporting it would be a waste of time….as I have little to report.
    Just feel sorry for the bike that has scratched up peddle, brake leavers, frame etc, it was only on its 7th outing. Gutted

allthepies
    Free Member

Could you recognise the car again ? Commuters are creatures of habit and they'll no doubt be using that route at around the same time again (although they might vary route initially after knocking you off).

drunkenmonkey
    Free Member

adamsmithoutdoors,

Firstly glad to hear you're ok and it's just a few scratches. Secondly, it's dull and a bit of a chore but you should really take the time to report the incident. The CTC have this 'SMIDSY' campaign, ie. report accidents and near misses, this is even more serious than that. The police need to be aware of how many of these incidents occur and like a previous post said you may well recognise the vehicle later in the year/next year and get the reg, if you've not reported it now you won't be able to do anything about it later.

fingerbike
    Free Member

Totally agree with Drunken Monkey, also, if on the slim chance the driver gets a bout of guilt and goes into a police station to own up, they'll have someone to contact…

vanilla83
    Free Member

@Project: the MIB will only pay out for personal injuries, not damage to the bike.

kimbers

report it your doing all of us a favour

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘just been 'hit and run'’ is closed to new replies.