Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Just been cold-called and they hung up on me!
  • miketually
    Free Member

that's ok, if he consistently uses a rape alarm in an enclosed space then he'll be deaf long before the call centre workers have any problems

Especially since phones have a limit to how loud they'll go anyway.

Xan
    Free Member

STW Vs Obi_Twa"t"

RichPenny
    Free Member

Never been anything but polite to cold callers, even Christians 😉 Politeness costs nothing, is probably quicker than a stream of invective and may put someone doing a fairly miserable job into a slightly better mood. Win win win IMO.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

ive done a stint in cold calling but in my defense it was the ONLY work available at the time- i had dependents and i refuse to sign. it is horrible soul destroying work but as mentioned above if your not ready to take the abuse dont do it. the money is good for totally unskilled labour but i will never ever ever do that again.
    i will play with them if they call me but i try not to be too offensive (they will usually just pass your number around the room anyway)

happily i now work in an area of outstanding natural beauty restoring listed buildings

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

For some people it is the easiest or best option of staying off the dole.

"bet you wish you'd stuck in at school now, eh?"
    <click>

zokes
    Free Member

PMSL!

headfirst
    Free Member

'No thank you please take me off your list'. Phone down, job done.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

toys19 – Member
    M_F – you cant overtake a car thats doing a reasonable speed in a 30 safely. Therefore you would be charged with either careless or dangerous driving.
    This is boooolllocks.
    I have successfully defended a charge of exactly this.

That's good to know – I only had my belief (and original driving tuition) to trust on it so it is interesting to know such a silly charge has been successfully defended.

Storer76

Had a call from one of these the other day, can't remember who it was, I replied with my standard, "Sorry, I'm not interested thankyou",and was met with "B**ger b**ger b**ger off" *click*
    Charming.

Digger90
    Free Member

If the cold caller is female, just ask "What colour knickers are you wearing?"

Usually works…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I once answered the phone to someone asking for my wife.

I told the operator she had just been eaten by a tiger – that seemed to throw him.

skidartist
    Free Member

When we left college a friend of mine got a job as a cold caller to pay off his debts. His brief – to try and sell sets of massive professional fireworks to old peoples homes. In June.

zokes
    Free Member

Being technically Dr Zokes, as opposed to plain old Mr Zokes, I quite like responding to "could I speak to Mr Zokes, please" with a cheery: "I'm sorry, it's Dr Zokes here". For some reason they usually just apologise and hang up!

AdamW
    Free Member

I usually get the calls for my better half:

Them: "Is Mr AdamW's partner there please?"
    Me: "No, he's out."
    Them: "Can I speak to Mrs AdamW's partner please?"
    Me (in deep voice): "You're speaking to him."

They put the phone down usually after that.

verbal_kint
    Free Member

This is the best response to cold calling I've heard

Pauly

That's excellent verbal.

Viewing 16 posts - 81 through 96 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Just been cold-called and they hung up on me!’ is closed to new replies.