Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • Just been called a ******* ****** by E & L pet insurance
  • Jamie
    Free Member

This, I would have found it funny

That’s because you’re a ******** ********* 😀

ski
    Free Member

Wind up a call centre worker to fire off a few words, to gain a edge to a complaint?

We used to have a name for people like you, bottom feeder 😉

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

As call ended, I was on speaker on mobile, he obviously thought I’d gone and said, “what a ******* ******f”
    Rang straight back. Manager going to ring me on Monday as none in on weekend.

Why didn’t you say something while he was still on the line?

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Because it went dead immediately after

newrobdob
    Free Member

When I was a manager in retail and I witnessed any of my staff speaking to a customer like that they would have been been suspended immediately and possibly sacked for gross misconduct. No excuse for it. Doesn’t matter how much someone winds you up it’s very easy to stay calm and just deal with it.

DezB
    Free Member

ssbnreso – don’t know if you realise this, but there are people on here who reckon they wouldn’t get annoyed by neighbours stealing from them, destroying their property, people dealing drugs outside their houses or blowing ganja smoke in their kid’s faces. They don’t mind being cut up or close passed by drivers when on their bikes…. Now they would find being abused by a service provider fine and dandy.
    These people don’t exist in the real world that I live in, so I try not to engage with them too much. It’s all a little bit scary.

Drac

Some even voted Brexit.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

If we put ourselves in the position of the worker, would it be reasonable to expect to stay in employment after seriously abusing an already aggrieved customer? I’d certainly be dusting off the cv if it was me.

In fact, I wouldn’t expect to get away with saying that to the face of ANYONE in the workplace.

The OP is right to expect this to be dealt with. What the actual consequence is to the individual is their problem, not the OPs.

frankconway

@dezb & plumslikerocks: both 100% on the money.

wwaswas

Some even voted Brexit

Possibly even for Trump.

Drac

If we put ourselves in the position of the worker, would it be reasonable to expect to stay in employment after seriously abusing an already aggrieved customer? I’d certainly be dusting off the cv if it was me.

You’d need a very good argument for me not to consider some form of disciplinary action.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Because it went dead immediately after

I’d have been butting in at the adjective.

labsey
    Free Member

Subject access request, cost you a tenner and can take up to 40 days. I work in that environment and I’ve never known anybody not get sacked for that.

Alternatively you could let it go. Worse things happen at sea.

dirtydog
    Free Member

speaking to a customer like that

He wasn’t

, I wouldn’t expect to get away with saying that to the face of ANYONE in the workplace.

I’m betting the call handler wouldn’t either, OP overheard an off the cuff remark he wasn’t meant to.

If it had of been aimed at the customer then I’d of been in full agreement

And yes, have worked in a call centre, the naïve would be shocked at the things said about you when you put the phone down, good job the OP can’t here peoples thoughts.

As above, he’ll probably get sacked, OP will continue on in life like nothings happened.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Worker was wrong and the OP might have been a horrid pr#ck on the phone. I am not saying he/she was. No one might be in the right. While the telephone operative needs a formal work procedure it is tough sometimes working with the public who know they can full on personal rant and offload and a staff member has to take it. In my line of work I have had staff members in tears as previously abuse customers walk through the door.

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Never worked in a call centre but wife has and there were procedures in place if customers were abusive. I wasn’t.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Well if you conducted yourself as the purest example of a calm collected rationale caller with an issue that needed to be sorted then the individual should definitely receive formal proceedings and based on previous conduct that could include the sack. If he or she made those comments on a civilised conversation then they are not fit for that line of work.

tjagain

Anyone who works in a service industry ( and I a a nurse do) that calls anyone names should be sacked on the spot. No second chance, no defence. Its inexcusable no matter how the other person acted.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

^^ that is why working with the general public is not for everyone. Being able to walk away when someone is making personal remarks on your disability, skin tone, accent, looks, etc is difficult to do without verbally defending yourself. I have used these extreme examples to highlight how “it’s inexcusable” normally…. two sides to every situation or story

irc

Doesn’t really work when after 3 months of saving £20 your dog needs a £2k op, that’s kind of the point of insurance…

I’d pay for it using the £1400 in my pet a/c and cash from other savings.

My 3 previous dogs and my cats have never been insured or needed huge vet bills paid. I’m well ahead if I get a big bill. I can afford to pay it from cash.

It’s about attitude to risk as well. Do you buy the extended warranties on every household item you buy?

You won’t be paying £20 a month for a 10 year old dog by the way.

choppersquad
    Free Member

I know it’s not exactly the same, but a guy in Tesco on parking duty called my wife a stupid f…..g b…h when she was sitting in the car waiting for me to take our trolley back.
    Unfortunately for him he said it as I walked past him. I have to admit I did lose it and he was left more than a little shell shocked, but I figured that was enough and there was no point complaining and maybe getting the guy sacked?

Xylene
    Free Member

Would you expect your child’s teacher sacked if they said the same thing to them?

Setting an example in that call centre by firing the employee who said that would send out a strong message to the other employees to be more careful.

A little human sacrifice now and then is good for the workplace.

bruk

It is E&L, I would be surprised if your subject access request did only take 40 days given their reputation for delays as you already are experiencing.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

There’s a big difference in effing and jeffing at someone and being overheard effing and jeffing about someone. I gave the fella on the hook a duck stall at Legoland a hard time in the summer. I can guarantee that we both think that the other one is an absolute ****.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

I can guarantee that we both think that the other one is an absolute ****.

But the difference is that one of you paid a not insignificant amount of money to take yourself and loved one(s) to the other’s place of work. The other one gets paid to provide a certain level of service with a certain level of courtesy. Of the course the public can and will be k**bs from time to time. It’s just basic level professionalism to be able to cope with it. Especially if you or your organisation have failed to meet reasonable expectations.

gobuchul
    Free Member

wouldn’t get annoyed by neighbours stealing from them, destroying their property, people dealing drugs outside their houses or blowing ganja smoke in their kid’s faces. They don’t mind being cut up or close passed by drivers when on their bikes…. Now they would find being abused by a service provider

The call centre bloke never stole or destroyed anything from the OP.

He never dealt any narcotics or exposed children to harmful substances.

He didn’t expose the OP to any physical harm.

The OP was hardly directly “abused”.

If he or she made those comments on a civilised conversation then they are not fit for that line of work.

Not the situation at all.

Would you expect your child’s teacher sacked if they said the same thing to them?

Seriously? That’s not even the same Country never mind ballpark.

My guess is the OP was a complete pain on the call and even worse when he called back to complain.

From what has been said from people with call centre experience the guy is getting his P45.

Hope you’re feeling smug and warm OP.

Well done.

tomhoward

‘Yeah boss, I was ending the call and someone, don’t know who, chucked a paper aeroplane at me, That’s who the insult was directed at, not the caller.’

Happy?

Edit, mstomhoward looks after callcenters for a major bank. If anyone on the telephone floor says something a bit blue that might be picked up by other phones, and a manager hears it, it’s disciplinary time. Say it while you are on the phone to a customer and it’s P45 for gross misconduct, do not pass go.

It’s a bloody good job I don’t work in a call centre…

ScottChegg
    Free Member

From what has been said from people with call centre experience the guy is getting his P45.

Binned from a job that he is particularly unsuited for. Workplace Darwinism; it was just a matter of time if that is his default setting.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Binned from a job that he is particularly unsuited for.

We all have customers/clients in our work.

They may be internal or external but we all have them. Even if it’s as simple as your “boss”.

I have called mine a lot worse and if I said it to their face I would get the sack.

I know I have had team members call me all sorts for of things behind my back. It’s completely normal. It doesn’t bother me.

The only mistake this guy made was a mute/ end call button timing problem.

vorlich
    Free Member

gobuchul – Member
    wouldn’t get annoyed by neighbours stealing from them, destroying their property, people dealing drugs outside their houses or blowing ganja smoke in their kid’s faces. They don’t mind being cut up or close passed by drivers when on their bikes…. Now they would find being abused by a service provider
    The call centre bloke never stole or destroyed anything from the OP.

He never dealt any narcotics or exposed children to harmful substances.

He didn’t expose the OP to any physical harm.

The OP was hardly directly “abused”.

If he or she made those comments on a civilised conversation then they are not fit for that line of work.
    Not the situation at all.

Seriously? That’s not even the same Country never mind ballpark.

My guess is the OP was a complete pain on the call and even worse when he called back to complain.

Hope you’re feeling smug and warm OP.

Well done.

So the employee needs shielding from the consequences of his own actions, but it’s the OP that’s the snowflake?

dannyh
    Free Member

Pet insurance is one of the biggest scams out there – why do you think it is mainly advertised at the same time as Parky doing his hard sell to pensioners?

It is monetising sentiment, and then will do anything to avoid paying out.

njee20
    Free Member

I’m not sure about a scam. It’s certainly very profitable. The problem is that for the 10% of people who claim (made up number), the other option for many of them would be to have their dog put down. This doesn’t sit well with people. There’s definitely an element of emotion in the purchase, but claims values can far far exceed premiums paid, so self insuring doesn’t always make sense.

totalshell

i ve been on the other end of the phone in the exact same circumstances.. and my get out of jail free card? I was swearing at myself for not been able to handle the call to the customers satisfaction.. HR said i was fire proof except for using a poor choice of language which i replied i was just expressing my real feeling of despair at not meeting the customers expectation.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’d pay for it using the £1400 in my pet a/c and cash from other savings.

My 3 previous dogs and my cats have never been insured or needed huge vet bills paid. I’m well ahead if I get a big bill. I can afford to pay it from cash.

It’s about attitude to risk as well. Do you buy the extended warranties on every household item you buy?

You won’t be paying £20 a month for a 10 year old dog by the way.

Im not quite in the same financial bracket as yourself it would appear as I dont have the money to keep thousands sat waiting so it would be a case of not having the operation if i didnt have the insurance.

tomhoward

*applauds totalshell for thinking on his feet in the face of adversity*

*punches totalshell in the face for appearing to be such a kiss ass*

irc

I dont have the money to keep thousands sat waiting so it would be a case of not having the operation if i didnt have the insurance

But the reason money is there is because I wasn’t paying insurance for a dog and 2 cats and saved it instead. £30 or whatever per month saved up while a pet is young and healthy will be a few thousand by the time it is old and likely to need expensive treatment.

I’m currently saving £80 per month until the a/c has a decent balance. The alternative is to pay £600 per year for Petplan with almost certain increasing costs as the dog gets older.

Which? obtained the following quotes for Petplan as part of their review: 5 year old mixed breed dog: £863 per year (Ultimate) and £498 per year (Classic)
    5 year old Labrador Retriever: £863 per year (Ultimate) and £677 per year (Classic)
    6 year old mixed breed cat (moggy): £435 per year (Ultimate) and £297 per year (Classic)

https://boughtbymany.com/news/article/petplan-insurance-reviews/

There are pluses and minuses each way. Not dealing with insurance companies is one I value.

ssbnreso
    Free Member

Update: manager called, listened to call and accepts foul language was used at end of call, advisor not me!
    Advisor being delt with internally. I told manager I believe it was an off the cuff remake and he obviously didn’t realise I was still on line. Also that he was the only person that had actually told me the real reason why my claim was delayed.

karlsbug
    Free Member

I’d ditch them asap, E&L are the worst of them all.

alanf
    Free Member

In my experience the pet insurance is spot on and they pay out pretty much straight away. It’s the vets that mess you about, holding on to monies from insurance and not dealing with repayments very well. The insurance certainly was handy when the dog got bit by an Adder (£1400) 😯

mossimus
    Free Member

Also that he was the only person that had actually told me the real reason why my claim was delayed.

That may well get advisor in more trouble than calling you a ****** *******

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘Just been called a ******* ****** by E & L pet insurance’ is closed to new replies.