Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • JuSt back from the Vosges
  • onehundredthidiot

and bloody good fun it was too.

In terms of road biking great steep climbs not as long as the Alps but a 50mile day saw well over 2000m of climb, roads were good and quieter than Alps. OH got herself a top 10 strava on our daily breakfast loop, 6 miles down, six miles back up and we started to get friendly “you again waves” from the local roadies we met on our croissant run.

Mtb was superb, lots of XC trails green to black, mostly shared trails but some great single track too.just so happened that right opposite was DH and enduro stuff, 18euro for a day pass on the ski lift and great trails again green through to black. Had an interesting time when my red enduro spliced into a red DH trail. Only saw two Brit vehicles with mtbs using the area, which also had a pumptrack and a free air bag for chucking yourself into the air.

Great fun already planning the return. Mind you the 30degree heat made the cold beers so much sweeter, hoegaarden was 1e92 for 750ml in the SuperU.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Where were you? Lac Blanc?

onehundredthidiot

La belle hutte. La Bresse.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I see. We have stayed at the campsite there. Were you riding at the ski station across the road? It sounds like they have added a lot since we were there if you were.

nedrapier

Very nice. Friends got married there (Gerardmer) a couple of years ago and a bunch of us stayed for a week. Hikey, bikey fun. Chap who was getting married described it to us as the Wales of France. Hilly, forested and WET. I think the longest period of not raining was about 4 hours over the week.

Great riding though, we were just following our noses, but found some pretty steep, tech stuff.

nedrapier

Very nice. Friends got married there (Gerardmer) a couple of years ago and a bunch of us stayed for a week. Hikey, bikey fun. Chap who was getting married described it to us as the Wales of France. Hilly, forested and WET. I think the longest period of not raining was about 4 hours over the week.

Great riding though, we were just following our noses, rather than researching best routes but we found a nice variety of trails and some pretty steep tech, too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘JuSt back from the Vosges’ is closed to new replies.