Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Just back from A&E
  • pop-larkin
    Free Member

Isnt half term great- my lad went biking in the woods and whilst chasing after his mate on the last downhill of the day came off and impaled his thigh on his brake lever- fair play at just 14 he had the pluck to pull the lever out and limp to a nearby house for assistance!

When he rang me I was good enough to make sure he was okay before asking about his scandal!- which is fine apart from a bit of blood on the lever!

Diane
    Free Member

Ooo sounds nasty. Hope he’s OK

allthegear
    Free Member

Ouch!!

Cool story but might be worth teaching him not to pull things out of your body if they get stuck in there unless you really, really have to – they might be stopping all the blood coming out, too…

Still, at least the bike’s okay!! 🙂

Rachel

racing_ralph
    Free Member

was just about to say the same as you rachel

Mowgli
    Free Member

PS Glad he’s ok. Good battle scar hopefully!

ton

he will mend quick mate…………lad’s do.

my young lad split his scrotum open on the cable guides of his bmx when he was 12.
    he is a dad now 8)

Drac

Was Admirable still there?

Hope your son gets well soon.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Yes I had that thought but as it had gone through his jeans I dont think he fully realised it was actually in his leg until he pulled the bike away and some blood came out. However its a tricky call when in he middle of the woods I suppose.
    Weird thing is my wife is a midwife who happily sews up ‘delicate’ parts but couldnt face stitching his leg when offered the opportunity by the nurse!

tazzymtb

nasty one pop, I’m sure he’ll be back on the bike in no time. You do realise that beating him up hills whilst he’s injured doesn’t count 😉

we may be out on thursday night if you can get away for a bimble

Lesanita2
    Free Member

I’ll bet his brake levers were tightly attached to handlebars.

Quick get out to the shed and slacken them off like they should be. If he finds out Dad hasn’t been fulfilling his duty of care, he’ll sue your ass! – oooops too late cats out of the bag.

Right, I’m off to bed now I’ve ruined someone’s life.

Picto
    Free Member

Sounds really nasty. Glad he is OK.

tazzymtb – Bummer re Thursday. My other half is out or would have snuck out for a play.

samuri
    Free Member

crazy, but good in a don’t tell his mum sort of way.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

my young lad split his scrotum open on the cable guides of his bmx when he was 12.

😯 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Just back from A&E’ is closed to new replies.