• This topic has 35 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by P20.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Just as I was thinking – There's my next bike!
  • DezB
    Free Member

… I see this: (fuselage RRP of £2895)

Now, I've never heard part of a bike referred to as a 'fuselage' (part of a plane innit?!), so does this really mean nearly 3-bleeding-grand just for a frame??
    If so, they is having a laugh.

Does look bloody brilliant though – Anniversary addition Yeti 575

Splash-man
    Free Member

Just looks like another Yeti to me……………..nothing really seems to differentiate it from any others

Go on flame me 😉

coogan
    Free Member

Never been a fan of Yeti's but in that paint job I never will be either.

ziggy
    Free Member

Available in very limited numbers, it’ll come in this retro turquoise/yellow colourscheme with stencil graphics to celebrate their 25th Anniversary. This will also come with custom turquoise Fox Floats and Chris King headset and bottom bracket, very sweet (fuselage RRP of £2895)

So forks and headset included.

Pogo
    Free Member

I just been sick in my mouth…

Kuco

The colours Missy Giove and Myles Rockwell use to race on. I like the colour scheme.

nickc

3 grand for a bike with gash decals and a yellow and blue paint scheme…

DezB
    Free Member

Just looks like another Yeti to me……………..nothing really seems to differentiate it from any others

Well, it's like a 575 but with a manly back end. 575s are brilliant.

So forks and headset included.

Ah, yes. That'll teach me to just look at pictures and numbers 🙂 So that works out about £2K for the frame…

gash decals and a yellow and blue paint scheme…

People who like Yetis (eg. me) like their history and hence like the retro look graphics/paint job.

Nickc, out of interest, have you ever posted anything positive in a thread?

TheSwede
    Free Member

575 owner here and that paint job is muck. very interested in the new back end though.

radoggair
    Free Member

like the retrotastic paint job. Original yeti colours and looks sweet. Those growning up in the early days of mountain biking will love this. All i need now is a GT Xizang Ti in the old GT colours. Mmmmmm

Andituk
    Free Member

I like Yetis, but that looks awful.

nickc

Not in threads about awful looking bikes I haven't, no.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Fuselage. FFS.

takisawa2

Is that the new XTR crank on it ?

Not a fan of the colour scheme.

aracer
    Free Member

Fuselage. FFS.

Hardly a new term – what else is a better description of the main part of a bike on which to hang the rest of your bits (with road bikes it usually includes F&F, headset and seatpost)?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

gopping

mossimus
    Free Member

Love the old Yeti team colours.

timbur
    Free Member

The one on the rack has XTR, the second picture is XT (or that's what's on the crank :O)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I do like that. Maybe need a bit less yellow and more turquoise maybe, but there's no mistaking it's a Yeti.

I can't think of an MTB brand with a more identifiable colourscheme than Yeti, off the top of my head.

nickc

I can't think of an MTB brand with a more identifiable awful colourscheme than Yeti, off the top of my head.

fixed it, etc etc 🙂

theflatboy
    Free Member

see i love a bit of colour and i loved the yetis back in the day. i would gladly own and love said bike. 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Dez, you KNOW you want one, you NEED one sir. Ohh sir, suits YOU sir, yes sir, that's simply wonderful sir! 🙂

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

See, that's Yetis for you. You either love it, or hate it. Marmite bikes. I love 'em. 😀

traildog
    Free Member

Nickc an interior designer or something? It's Yeti colours and it identifies it as a Yeti. It's not a jumper. Stop getting so upset about the colour.

DezB
    Free Member

PP – you're right on all counts sir. (except when it comes to New Order 😉 )

That colour scheme is bloody perfect. To divide opinions in such a way means they got it right 🙂 I can honestly see myself owning that bike! Argh!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

(except when it comes to New Order )

No. Sorry. They're shyte. FACT. They play plinky-plonky cheap sounding music (Like it's come off a £19.99 Argos keyboard) and the bloke can't sing for toffee. FACT. 8)

Get the Yeti though. I want to see if that bolt though rear end improves it over my old 575. 🙂

alex222
    Free Member

i like it.

nonk
    Free Member

Nickc, out of interest, have you ever posted anything positive in a thread?

i used to think the same but then he mentioned that he likes the new national album and since then he's been a top lad in my view. 🙂

alex222
    Free Member

new order are brilliant also.

DezB
    Free Member

alex222 – I know (well, actually, were brilliant)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

new order are brilliant also.

NO THEY ARE NOT. THEY ARE ABSOLOUTE GARBAGE OF THE LOWEST KIND. UTTER UTTER UTTER SHYTE PUSHED BY PONCY MUSIC MAGAZINES UNTIL PEOPLE BEGIN TO BELIEVE IT. NO TALENT, NO LYRIKS, NO DECENT SINGING. NOTING. NADA. ZILCH. ZIP. DIDDLY SQAUT. NOWT! plink plonk, plink plonk, drone drone drone.

And it's not as though I've not heard the 'music' – I had a mate who I shared a house with who was a big NO fan, used to buy all the limited edition boxsets and the like. It got to the point where I used to leave the hose when he put a CD on.
    Once at the Reading fesival there were 2 of us saw a band on one of the side stages, then came out for a breather and a pint and happened to catch the end of a New Order set. I really have never seen a band who just could not play or sing, the worst I've EVER EVER seen. Even worse than Eminem. And that's the truth. We went back to the campsite and I said "God, New order are crap" as I walked up to the others sitting around, and they all fell about laughing becasue that's just what they'd been talking about, so I know I'm not the only one, although sometimes I feel like the little kid in The Emperor's New Clothes. Why can they not see it?
    There's bands I don't like that I'll poke fun at, like Radiohead, but I can see they have talent nontheless and it's easy to wind radiohead fans up 😉 But NO? Jeeeeezus wept………

Anyway, nuff said, back to the Yeti! 😀

D0NK

that bike does look bloody awful (and I normally like yeti team colours)
    But as asthetics are fairly low on my bike choice criteria I'd ride one, there's still no **** way I'd buy one, £3k for a fuselage VFM* is quite high on my criteria

*and non w#nky names for frames

IainGillam
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Fuselage. FFS.

Hardly a new term – what else is a better description of the main part of a bike on which to hang the rest of your bits (with road bikes it usually includes F&F, headset and seatpost)?

Chassis.

DezB
    Free Member

Frame & forks?

PP – this is not the place for your uninformed hatred of New Order. You know, one of the most original and influential bands of the past 30 years. yeah, I know, I brought it up! 😉

alex222
    Free Member

PUSHED BY PONCY MUSIC MAGAZINES

probably the same poncy music magazine that pushed festval you went to.

the Reading fesival

yep i was right. you went to a place full of the worst kind of people, festival goers. it is deffinately pushed by

PONCY MUSIC MAGAZINES

good job music is subjective. i've never read amusic magazine and i never will.

P20

I like the updates, the rear axle and headset, it's decided that my next one will be the 2011 575, replacing my old shape 575. Won't bother with the anniversary one as I only need a frame.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Just as I was thinking – There's my next bike!’ is closed to new replies.