• This topic has 60 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by simmy.
Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Just another cyclist hating motorist
  • devash
    Free Member

Someone who is vocal about how much they “hate” a particular group of road users simply doesn’t have the temperament to be in charge of a 1/2 ton moving lump of metal.

simmy
    Free Member

I know it’s all money and that, but i’d refuse to teach a person with those prejudices unless they’d shown some sort of acceptance to change/learn.

I understand completely what you are saying and it the time I wanted to tell her to get out my car, but if they are going to want to learn they are going to learn be it with me or someone else.

God knows what they would say about you if you told them to pee off. They would probably just find someone like the OP is going on about.

That young lad I have at the moment is a pain with his attitude but his driving is rubbish and he has failed his theory twice so hopefully he will give up before he moves away to uni.

ads678

Yeah, fair enough. I suppose you can at least try to teach them properly rather than Bretts Driving Tuition instilling more hatred.

kerv
    Free Member

Contacted the DVSA, so waiting to hear back from them and reported him to Bed’s police. They won’t do anything but as the person on the phone said, it’s now on record for the next time he does it.

aide

Thanks oliverracing, made it easy to like the comment

aracer
    Free Member

I’m struggling to believe that the blog is the same person…

It’s definitely not, apologies if I gave the impression I thought it was. Location is wrong for a start, chap writing the blog is in Nottingham (and against Brexit, though I don’t know how it was worked out that Peter Brett is a Brexiteer)

oink1
    Free Member

Report report report!!! C0cktard deserves all he gets 👿

paton
    Free Member

Comments made today by transport secretary Chris Grayling who has stated that “cyclists are not road users” demonstrate an “astonishing lack of knowledge about how people get around” Chris Boardman has said.
    Read more at https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/campaigning/article/20170112-campaigning-news-Chris-Grayling%E2%80%99s-comments-show-%E2%80%9Castonishing-lack-of-knowledge%E2%80%9D-on-cycling-says-Boardman-0#2riYV6AWTLgUQFag.99

joat

With someone as clueless as Grayling in charge, the motoring lobby won’t have much work to do. Sheesh.

MoreCashThanDash

🙄

FFS!

bails

It’s the kind of comment you half expect from a backwater parish councilor, but from the transport secretary for crying out loud!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I do not think i will ever understand the need for one road using group to hate another.

You have to make space for other people whether you like it or not, please explain to me like i’m 5 because I’m starting to lose the will to live with all these nuggets going around

zanelad
    Free Member

They won’t do anything but as the person on the phone said, it’s now on record for the next time he does it.

If they won’t do anything this time, why should they next time?

Useless bunch of arse wipes.

frankconway

Grayling will not be held to account for his ignorance – which can be corrected – but he should be.
    He should be ‘encouraged’ to retract his remarks and issue a correction.

Does he have any idea of how many (or should I say, few) miles of cycle lanes there are in the UK – I mean properly segregated, fit for purpose, appropriate width, properly maintained and that includes regular sweeping as happens on roads.

He is not fit for purpose.

orangeboy
    Free Member

No one understands or wants to understand prime position

MartynS

Has Brett’s Facebook page exploded??
    Not sure if I’ve been blocked or not.. all I did was like the OPs comment..

simmy
    Free Member

OP, out of interest, who did you speak to at the DVSA ?

kerv
    Free Member

Not actually spoken to anyone yet, i tried the link that legend posted but they only man the phones 8am till 12 so I’ve emailed. I’ll give the number you posted a try tomorrow. It looks like he’s taken his fb page down or blocked me.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

been taken down I’d say

simmy
    Free Member

I’ll give the number you posted a try tomorrow.

They will be there 9 till 5 normally and you get straight through to a real person. Only trouble is if he has taken his page down or its been taken off, have you a screenshot or anything of his reply to you ?

The lines that are manned 8am – 12 are the booking lines I think. We have a shortcut we use but it’s like getting hold of the queen to the general public.

Andy Rices office on my previous post are really helpful.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Just another cyclist hating motorist’ is closed to new replies.