Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Just about to order Kickr Snap, help me check buying list?
  • Poopscoop

Going to use BC discount and Quidco to get the Snap from CRC.
    Still an eye watering price though…
    Anyway, going to be used on my 2013 Arkose (135mm QR, 700C, 2×10) with Zwift (obvs).
    Any recommendations/suggestions regarding the list below?
    I think I need:
    Trainer tyre.
    Floor mat “thing”?? To deaden noise a little.
    Ant+ dongle for Windows PC.
    A sweat catcher thing to cover bike??
    Think snap comes with”stand” for front wheel but will check.
    Already have some floor fans!
    Thanks for any info guys!

EDIT: Just noticed crc are out of stock of the Snap, typical.lol 😀

Poopscoop
    Kuco

It comes with a front wheel riser block. If you platinum discount of wiggle 12% they have them in stock. I didn’t bother with a trainer tyre as they are noisier than a normal tyre.

Poopscoop

Platinum discount, what’s that all about bud?

Also current tyre is a small block 8, guessing that wouldn’t be good on a turbo?

EDIT: I only have the Gold 5% discount on Wiggle unfortunately.

scaredypants

Trainer tyre. handy, not crucial (but far better than a small block 8 I’d think
    Floor mat “thing”?? To deaden noise a little.wait & see how noisy it is? (Main benefit is to catch the sweat puddles though – IME)
    Ant+ dongle for Windows PC. Yeh, “any” one will do, I think
    A sweat catcher thing to cover bike?? I wrap a towel round the top tube & tie it with an old inner tube, then drape a small towel over the bars (use this to mop yer head too)
    Already have some floor fans! Good, you’ll be needing them

Poopscoop

scaredypants

Cheers for info!

Will a 28c tyre be ok? Ie this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/continental-ultra-sport-ii-wire-bead-road-tyre/

scaredypants

Opinions vary. Most think that ordinary tyres are fine; occasionally people will say their house is full of bits of shredded rubber

If I was buying anyway I’d prob get a trainer tyre (and NEVER ride it on the roads – folk say they’re lethal)

(I have a wheel-off trainer so not speaking from real experience, though I had a wheel-on “dumb” one that I barely used)

Poopscoop

Ordered a normal road tyre and will see how I get on thanks for the help!

TiRed

Personally, I’d save your money on the extras and push the boat out for a reconditioned mark1 Kickr instead from their Web page. You will not regret the extra investment. No BC discount, but a far superior experience.

I don’t know anyone who bought one who wishes they could still use their rear wheel.

weeksy

I ride both on a Conti GP4000 and a Halfords 80psi Hybrid £13 off the shelf tyre. I don’t get any dirt/rubber/mess and the Halfords one works perfectly fine on the 29er wheel.

molgrips
    Free Member

I always got a pile of rubber dust using a turbo.

lunge

Trainer tyre. Yeah, I’d get one unless you have an old slick tyre sat around. Halford have them for dirt cheap. If you’re likely to be swapping between using the bike on the turbo and outside a lot also concider a spare back wheel, makes things much easier.
    Floor mat “thing”?? To deaden noise a little. Worth while, I use a yoga matt I picked in in Aldi for under £5, TK Maxx and other such places will sell you one.
    Ant+ dongle for Windows PC.
    A sweat catcher thing to cover bike?? Maybe, I don’t but if you can pick one up for cheap then I guess so.
    Think snap comes with”stand” for front wheel but will check.
    Already have some floor fans!
    Thanks for any info guys!

molgrips
    Free Member

A sweat catcher thing to cover bike?? Maybe

I made a lot of corrosion on a bike by sweating on it first time I got a trainer too.

Poopscoop

Thanks for extra info guys.

Most of stuff ordered now. Will look into yoga mat and improvised sweat catcher! 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Just about to order Kickr Snap, help me check buying list?’ is closed to new replies.