Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Just a regular everyday souvenir from Somerville, Boston MA…
  • psychle
    Free Member

As part of a US trip, stopped over in Boston last week, dropped into the IF workshop to pick up this bad boy, my new Ti ‘Factory Lightweight’… Swoon… it’s so beautiful! Can’t wait to get this built up and out for a ride! 😀 8)

IMG_2974 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_2976 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_2975 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_2977 by ten_sim, on Flickr

IMG_2978 by ten_sim, on Flickr

fontmoss
    Free Member

flippin lovely! i will have an indy fab some day but sadly that’ll be after they leave somerville :'(

is it the ti factory lightweight that has limited colourways?

godzilla
    Free Member

The welding and finnish look a bit rough..
    ^My first troll^

Stunning engineering, very classy..

finbar
    Free Member

Nice! BB30? What are you going to build it up with?

Junkyard
    Free Member

a psychle thread and my first thoughts are what has he bought now
    Very nice but it is no Orange 5

psychle
    Free Member

is it the ti factory lightweight that has limited colourways?

Yep… not sure why they’ve restricted the colours, I think it’s to do with the ‘muscle car’ idea that they’re running with it? I went with the shot-peened with polished logos/decals as I wanted to keep it reasonably understated 🙂

BB30? What are you going to build it up with?

BB30 yes, though the cranks I have are standard BB, so will run an adapter for now. I have a full Red groupset for this (it’s been sitting around since mid last year when I picked it up of Solarider). Wheels are a set of secondhand Dura-Ace aluminium rims (polished silver hubs that’ll suit this nicely). Handlebars and stem will be a Pro Stealth EVO integrated jobbie.

it is no Orange 5

That it is not, thankfully 😆

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I give it 3 months until it’s in the classifieds hardly ridden 8)

psychle
    Free Member

nope, not a friggen chance… custom sizing (obviously) for my slightly odd proportions; this is, as they say, a ‘bike for life’! 8)

cruzer
    Free Member

do i dare ask how much? its a stunning frame and definately at the top of my ‘bikes for hanging on the wall’ list 😀

nicko74

Da-yamm! I was just in Somerville this weekend, didn’t know IF had a factory there, otherwise I’d’ve dragged the OH and my Boston-dwelling friend along…

Nice piece of bikery that!

psychle
    Free Member

do i dare ask how much?

RRP in the UK is something like £3.5k for the unpainted frame, £4k for the painted… fortunately for me I didn’t have to pay quite that much (due to a combination of fortuitous factors/circumstances 🙂 )

at the top of my ‘bikes for hanging on the wall’ list

Oh, this will be getting used a lot, definitely! Though, it will look nice hanging on the wall of course 🙂

I was just in Somerville this weekend, didn’t know IF had a factory there

Not sure if they do tours or anything, but someone probably would’ve shown you around I’m sure. I was there to collect a frame, so luckily got to look around, was a real bonus! They’re soon to move north 50-60 miles to New Hampshire (I think), into an old mill they’re converting, this will defo have a retail area along with a bar and other cool things, the plans for it look awesome, will be well worth a visit once it’s open!

Nice piece of bikery that!

Thanks, I’m rather chuffed with it! 8)

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

It’s alright I suppose 😉

portlyone

Nice. Think I’d have to cover it bubble wrap before taking it anywhere!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Just a regular everyday souvenir from Somerville, Boston MA…’ is closed to new replies.