• This topic has 26 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • June?! Whats with this bloomin' rain?!
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

GGGAAARRRRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

That is all..

donsimon
    Free Member

And it’s sooooooooooooooooooooooooo bloody cold too. 👿

Drac

We get rain in June, I’m not aware of any month we don’t get rain.

Anyway what rain?

binners

Its bloody depressing. Didn’t ride in today due to ‘gale force winds, and very heavy rain’ forecast. Just had a look at the Met Office forecast for tomorrow? More of the same. And then? More of the same. And then? More of the same. And then? More of the same. And then? More of the same. And then? More of the same. And then? More of the same. And then? More of the same. And then? More of the same. And then? More of the same.

Arse-biscuits!!! 😥

superfli
    Free Member

April, May and June now. Apparently it was lovely the other week, unfortunately I’d choosen to go on my summer hols that week, so missed our summer 👿

mrlebowski
    Free Member

What rain? Over 10mm in the last few hours, grey clouds, gale-force winds forecast…more like a Winters day than a Summers day..

Some June this is revving upto be..

edit: flood alerts being issued for half of Wales it seems..probably be washed away by Monday…

Just stiffens my resolve to find a way out of the good ole U of K Im afraid..

pixelmix
    Free Member

Was a bit too dusty on my local trails on Monday after a dry and sunny start to the month. Glad of a few hours of rain here in Edinburgh this afternoon to dampen things down a bit. Should wash some of the dust off the bike too. 🙂

Drac

Over cast a bit here now but been lovely earlier, had a heavy summer shower of rain yesterday but that’s about it since last week sometime.

It’s not hot but been around 15c most days with cloud and when sunny the sun has been lovely warm. It’s still early June though so not expecting roasting weather, people seem to think that just because we’re entering summer months it should be roasting.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

people seem to think that just because we’re entering summer months it should be roasting.

No but I’d like to see the Sun once in a while – whats the problem with that? You cant deny that May has been a wet one & June looks like following suit..so far I can recall one truly good w/e of weather in the last month. It might have been different for you but thats my experience so far..

Duggan

It’s shite. In reality I guess it probably isn’t that different to most of our Summers….but it’s still shite

jota180
    Free Member

It’s not as if it normally pisses down when Wimbledon is on or when Glastonbury usually occurs ……… oh hang on

ourmaninthenorth

Was due to be out on the road bike tonight, but after all the cleaning I did after Sunday’s ride, F that. At best it’ll be a short play on the CX bike up the local quarry and seeking out some of the nearby cheek.

But I might just set up the cleats on my new road shoes on the turbo instead.

Bloodybuggeringhell

zokes
    Free Member

It’s bloody lovely in Hungary, if thats any help?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

We’ve had (in the SE) something like 260% of the average rainfall these last two months..

So much so that Thames Water are preparing to life their hosepipe-ban..

Its being called the wettest drought in history…

❓ 😕 😯 🙁

Haze

Pretty much expected to be honest, last few years have been similar – good but short spell in May, rain for most of June and July then a month or so of half decent weather.

Bought my holiday forward this year, don’t want to miss the good stuff when it finally turns up in August/September.

zippykona

Waterbutts nearly full. Mucky bike and clothes dug out again.
    Its not too bad.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I may have to bring my winterising of my bike forward… 😥

soundninjauk

Cleaned my commuter at the weekend in the vague hope it’d stay nice and clean for the summer. Goddammit.

rich-c
    Free Member

Road race tonight so bikes been cleaned / fettled and it’s forecast to start pissing down at 6, the skies are darkening and I’ve just broken my glasses while hamfistidly changing the lenses, I predict one of the following;

1. Crash due to general slipperyness.
    2. Crash due to zero visibility.
    3. A win because no bugger else turns up (hopefully)
    4. Get dropped on lap 5.

Welsh 1000 meter peaks race on Sat so more rain and cloud, only hope is some sun on Sundays club run, it’s not much to ask is it.

fergal
    Free Member

Drac just in from Thrunton and it’s like the Somme, please remind me when was it dry.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

It really impacts on my mood – just a couple of weeks ago it was about 28 degrees, no clouds in the sky and i was taking the long way home every night so i could go down the coast for an ice cream despite it adding 40 miles onto the ride. Today its a sprint home feeling miserable and fantasising about a warm bath to try and heat up. 🙁

Think im going to have to dig out the winter gear again!

wrightyson
    Free Member

On my site we’re currently digging a 72x20x1.5m hole in the ground! It’s been a joyous day today 👿

chakaping
    Free Member

It always rains loads in June, or has for the last few years anyway I’m sure.

Probably Wimbledon’s fault. Expect a very wet July this year too with the Olympics.

ourmaninthenorth

In spite of the hols in August being a family trip, it’s going to be southern France AND I’M TAKING MY BLINKIN BIKE TO RIDE IN THE SUN ‘KAY!

toby1

Has anyone on this thread not lived in the UK for long or something? Yeah it’s been wetter than average, but you take your chances as and when you can right – I had the BBQ out the other Sunday, remember, that one the sunny one.

Jesus, anyone would think you lot had never seen rain.

I am commuting home in just a t-shirt and shorts tonight – if I’m a shivering wreck when I get home you can all point and laugh 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Has anyone on this thread not lived in the UK for long or something?

*waves*
    Mind you the BBC weather is just talking about how unusual it is to have such stormy conditions in June.
    Climate change, innit?

Drac

Drac just in from Thrunton and it’s like the Somme, please remind me when was it dry.

Thrunton? About 2003 was the last time it was dry.

Started raining now, come on it’s June why’s it raining?

Ok it’s been a bit of a wet year but we live a climatic country.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘June?! Whats with this bloomin' rain?!’ is closed to new replies.