Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Jumbo Jim Tyres
  • futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

These look like very interesting tyres

Anyone else preordered these?

I’ve just ordered the 4″ 990g and the 4.8″ 1190g tyres – hope they’re as light as they claim!

Delivery from the 31st –

hot_fiat

Where did you order them from and what price?

They look very light, but they also look potentially lacking in tread: as if someone’s taken a regular bike tyre & just stretched it. Will have to wait and see.

I saw the Trek fat bikes at Coed y Brenin were running some lovely Sun tubeless-compatible rims.

Gotama
    Free Member

Do you know what a surly bud weighs out of interest?

Edit: Holy jeebus, 1630g says google.

hot_fiat

<chokes on coffee> Are they really £80 each? 😯 </chokes on coffee>

Gotama
    Free Member

^^^ bar the on one floater that’s a pretty standard price for a fat tyre.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’ve ordered mine from Triton

My Bud tips the scales at 1600g…….. So looking at a potential saving of 400g with the 4.8″ version – could be game changing! Clearly it won’t be as grippy –

My Husker Du weighs in at 1250g …. A 250g saving with the 4″ version – I’m really intrigued to find out how this works with my 65mm carbon rim, it should really fly 😀 ( it already feels great with the HUDU)

That,s if they’re as light as they claim, though I’d have thought Schwalbe would be reliable?

Prices are ok for fatbike tyres, especially for Schwalbe.

wwaswas

someone on the facebook fat bike group was makign disparaging comments about them so I’ll be interested to hear how you get on.

A 4″ pair of the ‘tough sidewall’ ones look like a good summer option.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Hope they look better than this

Looks like a remould to me

Gotama
    Free Member

It’ll be interesting to hear how you get on FRC. If you’re ‘testing’ round the surrey hills let me know. Can be a Jones with Bud vs Jones with Jim stand off. 😀

njee20
    Free Member

<chokes on coffee> Are they really £80 each? </chokes on coffee>

As a 2″ Schwalbe is £50, that’s a comparative bargain!

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Hmmm – I hadn’t seen anything other than the picture on the website, and the knobs don’t look quite so widely spaced as they do in the above picture, buying 2 might have been a little hasty !?,! 😉 lol I may give Triton a ring and just get 1 to start with, but which one? I couldn’t make up my mind, which was why I got two in the first place. Scratches head, they look like they’ll be fine for anything other than the worst muddy conditions.

oliwb
    Free Member

I’ll have your 4″ one’s off you if you decide to stick with the bigger size 😉

onandon
    Free Member

Kenda juggernauts are looking to be lighter in weight and possibly less expensive.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

The 4″ Juggernauts don’t seem to have much more grip than an Endomorph though. Amazingly light but !

theashnav
    Free Member

Report here – does look more of a summer tyre -I am thinking of some for the Moonie and save about 1.2 Kg’s !

First Ride: Schwalbe’s Superlight Jumbo Jim 4.8″ Wide Fat Bike Tires

ciderinsport
    Free Member

futon river crossing – Member
    I’ve ordered mine from Triton

Delivery from the 31st –

😆 😆 😆

I wouldn’t be holding my breath!

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Panaracer are due a Fat Tyre called the Fat B Nimble any day now here in the UK I believe

Northwind

I wonder if we’ll finally see some slow rebound rubber with the kenda, they’ve always been pretty canny with the flexible casings and slow rubber. Not without its downsides like but it seems a shoe-in for a fatbike, I’d thought Schwalbe would go for it.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Well that review was for snow performance and we hardly get any down south! – I’m more interested in dirt performance 😉

Gotama – I’m at the Surrey Hills on Saturday !

honourablegeorge

They’re 55 Euro here – that makes them £41.

https://www.bike-components.de/de/Schwalbe/Jumbo-Jim-Evolution-LiteSkin-PaceStar-Faltreifen-Modell-2015-p41209/

Schwalbe are some of the cheapest tyres out there if you buy from Germany. Why the RRPs are so high over here is a question only the UK distributor can answer.

Gotama
    Free Member

Gotama – I’m at the Surrey Hills on Saturday !

Bah, visiting friends in Nottingham this weekend. Next time. Besides, you won’t have your new tyre by then 😉 😀

cokie

When will Schwalbe make some 29×3.0 tyres?! They must have something in the works.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Just got an email – delayed until Feb :((

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Jumbo Jim Tyres’ is closed to new replies.