Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Juicy 5s – Bleeding
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Ive inherited a set of Juicy 5s but the hoses need trimming.

Im sure ive read bad things about bleeding these brakes, does anyone have any experience or advice?

nuke

Nah, not that hard….with the bleed kit. Plenty of vids on Youtube plus docs on the SRAM site. Remember to force fluid back into the system before removing the syringes which they don't mention in the docs

:edit: trimming is easy as you get 2 hose barbs and 2 olives with the bleed kit (well you did when I bought my kit a couple of years ago). Just cut the hose to length with some wire cutters.

stumpy01

Get the bleed kit & look at the Avid vids on Youtube. It's pretty straight forward.

Not sure how easy the trimming is though.

soobalias
    Free Member

£30 for a bleed kit!

br
    Free Member

try bleeding the brakes without it!

trusz
    Free Member

I followed this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mg6NbIjmOM

Have to love his glasses! 😀 First brake took a while but once you get the idea, the 2nd should be easy

soobalias
    Free Member

what a massive faff.
    i think i will put up with long hoses for a while and fix my louises

davidrussell
    Free Member

[hijack]

I have an Avid bleed kit up for sale if anyone is interested, i'd take £15 posted for it. Includes the syringes and associated gubbins inc manual. Its the only bleed kit i've used that I've felt really works

email if interested nicolai dot uk at gmail dot com

[/hijack]

jimster
    Free Member

Go here. for a diy jobbie.

Lifer
    Free Member

The bleed kit sounds expensive but it's gonna last forever, used mine on Juicy 3s, 5's and my new Elixirs. Bit of patience is all that's required (keep forcing those bubbles out!) Simple procedure once you've done it a couple of times.

Sure I got it cheaper than £30 though…

imp999
    Free Member

Rutland were doing a cheap copy a while back and the Formula kit works too(UK Bike Store) except you need a pair of clamps(Ikea bag closures). I think the connectors can be bought off CRC – Magura barbs – check they are M5.

davidrussell
    Free Member

SOOB YGM mate.

ps quality email address :O

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Juicy 5s – Bleeding’ is closed to new replies.