Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Juicers of STW….
  • tomkerton
    Free Member

I found a Braun centrifugal juicer thingy in the sales. I’ve just juiced a celery with a couple of carrots and it was flipping lush. I’m not into food woo, am not expecting a micronutrient miracle, I just think it’s a good idea to get some more vitamins and for when we have a glut of veggies on the allotment.

So my questions are
    1. What are your favourite recipes?
    2. Can I do a marathon juicing session and bottle and fridge or even freeze the juice?

fd3chris
    Free Member

I’ve been juicing for about two years now and love it. I think you will find most juices are based around an apple base and spinach/kale then whatever floats your boat. i have an apple and ginger shot first thing then a large apple/spinach/lime/ginger/pear/cucumber which makes a green juice . the red juice is apple/carrot/raw beetroot then blended with blueberries . get yourself a book the combos are huge. they don’t recommend leaving a juice much longer than a day if being made by a centrifugal juicer as it creates heat in the making which affects the veggies. i use a slow juicer which is a little better and my juices can last a few days but I’ve found the best taste is make and drink with ice cubes straight away. Just like I’m doing right now 🙂

tomkerton
    Free Member

Cheers chris. Apple and ginger sounds like a good un.

fd3chris
    Free Member

be careful with the ginger . start with a slim slice then build up as it is surprisingly strong and will burn your mouth. i speak from experience .

firestarter
    Free Member

Top tip dont use any left over sprouts. I thought it might be nice. It tasted like eating a jar of ground pepper. It burnt for hours

jamj1974

Lemon, ginger, carrot and apple is sublime. Spinach, pineapple, apple, lime and lemon is also a good one.

Xylene
    Free Member

Pineapple ginger and sugar cane

porlus
    Free Member

Spooky timing. My lass has just said she wants to get a juicer. Seeing as shes from West Yorkshire, shes really tight. Looking on Amazon theres an Andrew James one for £29.99. Has anyone used these at all. Ta

firestarter
    Free Member

Are you still in west yorks ive a juicer to sell 😉

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I have a nutribullet and am struggling with recipe! And the consistency. I know it’s meant to be better as it has everything in but some of it just seems wrong!

porlus
    Free Member

Are you still in west yorks ive a juicer to sell

Nope, just outside of York. Will ask her, but dont hold yer breath bud. Shes funny when it comes to buying stuff.

bob_summers

Lemonade. 2 green apples (not granny smith), half a lemon (unwaxed, skin on) per person.

I try to juice more veg than fruit, as otherwise you get a load of carbs which you wouldn’t normally be able to eat with all the bulk/fibre.

project
    Free Member

Nutri bullet now 79 quid in argos, jusast after freind bought two for her kids at 100 quid plus.

Lots of cheaper ones available, to try and after a few weeks when the attraction has worn off it can live in the cupboard, next to the bread maker, ice cream maker, and sandwich maker.

firestarter
    Free Member

No worries mate. Used it a few times then it went in cupboard lol

zippykona

Apple ,carrot and lots and lots of ginger.

Swelper
    Free Member

Apple, beatroot and ginger. With crushed ice.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Juicers of STW….’ is closed to new replies.