Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Joystick or gamepad?
  • eulach

I just dusted off the old x wing flight sim. But no game port on the new PC so I’m going to need a new interface device. I ask because my son is just starting to get interested in gaming and maybe in the current climate he’s better off learning on a gamepad so he has the base motorskills when he visits friends.
    Also, I’ve been thinking about elite dangerous lately. Is it too late to catch up?

hedley
    Free Member

Joystick for any flight sim and esp Elite Dangerous.

Might want to look at getting a HOTAS as well. I recommend the Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Hotas & Joystick as a good setup and perfect for ED and may I suggest that if you are interested in flight sims, then IL2 BOM is worth a look. https://il2sturmovik.com/ The flight modelling is particularly good

And don’t worry about your son needing to learn base motor skills, Kids adapt so quickly that it doesn’t matter what controller they are put in front of, they will get the hang of it very quickly.

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Kids learn quickly as said, mine at home with joypads, sticks, WADS and mouse, touch screen and so on…

Joysticks are definately better for flight/space sims IMO. I’m now using CH Pro HOTAS and pedal setup. I need to sell on my (barely used and boxed) Thrustmaster T.16000M stick and T.Flight pedals 😉

eulach

Thanks, guys. Joystick it is. Sorry BEB, I’m not in the UK and not sure about the need for pedals.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Joystick or gamepad?’ is closed to new replies.