Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Joy-riders holiday: Spain in October?
  • Shackleton

Thinking of heading out to Spain with Joy-riders towards the end of October. Does anybody know what the weather tends to be doing there at that time of year? Essentially – what are the chance of dry trails? It's based near Malaga but I guess must be more towards the mountains.

Cheers,

P

Vortexracing

We went last November (early)and it was perfect, 25 deg and brilliant sunny skies.

Highly recommended.

very dry trails, great company, free beer/wine/champagne, great food.

trying to get back there this year at the same time again

Shackleton

Cheers Chucky. Anyone else with experience of that area of Spain?

senorj

Hello.
    I went with ciclomontana 24 oct 2009 for a week.
    Apart from a couple of heavy showers on one morning (pre-ride)it was lovely and sunny.
    If you go high up it can get a little chilly descending or when you're out of the sun. Pack a gillet and some arm warmers and you'll be right.

As far as the area goes the riding is amazing and the food lovely.
    I'm going back in June.Hurrah.
    J.

alan-sierracycling
    Free Member

Guaranteed warm and sunny until about the 3rd week of October. After that occasional rain but still warm. Light waterproof should be enough. Enjoy.

bagpuss
    Free Member

Last October with Joyriders

If anything it was too warm, 35 degrees one day but I gather that's exceptional.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Shakleton – what sort of riding are you after? How rocky and technical do you want to get, and what do you look for in apres riding entertainment?

mark@joy-riders.com
    Free Member

Hi Shakleton

We are based about 50km south of the city of Cordoba, 80mins north of Malaga airport. We are towards the mountains (Sierra Subbetica), but at that time of year we are still eating outside in the evenings (although a warm top might be needed). Average temps during the day are early to mid 20'c (and the trails super dusty 🙂

Hope this helps.

Cheers guys for all the comments 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Joy-riders holiday: Spain in October?’ is closed to new replies.