Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Josh Bryceland rides a flat trail!
  • vickypea
    Free Member

Today I did my first bike ride since spinal fusion surgery 9 weeks ago. Just 12 miles on a flat trail on my MTB, but it’s a start. Coming the other way was Josh Bryceland riding his bike with his foot in a cast (after breaking it in the Worlds). If the Middlewood Way is good enough for his rehab, it’s good enough for mine!

davosaurusrex

Love it!

ton

well done vickypea…..keep on keeping on. 8)

vickypea
    Free Member

Thanks ton 🙂
    Hope you’re doing ok?

ton

good as gold so far, fingers crossed. 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Hmm well on that basis I suspect I might be ignoring the advice of the surgeon who fixed my hernia today not to ride for 3 months (not that I was ever planning on doing that – from what he said I doubt he has a good idea what sports stress the abdominal area, he suggested I could go running in a few weeks!) Thanks for posting!

metalheart
    Free Member

Meanwhile on prodownhillerrehabtrackworld someone is posting:

“Just past a chick* recovering from spinal fusion surgery out on her mtb while out for a poodle wi me broken foot. If its good enough for Vickypea, it’s good enough for me….’

*sorry, he’s a downhiller, it’s what he gonna call you.

It’s not often I wish for a like button but the OP: like!

JEngledow
    Free Member

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

vickypea
    Free Member

Thanks everyone 🙂

aracer – I am following the advice of my surgeon- he said I could ride my bike again, as the bone graft has started to knit things together, but he’s banned me from actual mountain biking until at least 6 months post surgery. Be careful 🙂

Ton – that’s great news 🙂

M6TTF
    Free Member

Haha that’s awesome. Tough bunch the locals here

passtherizla
    Free Member

Excellent!

matt_outandabout

The pair of you should rehab ride together – tweet the lad…!

oldfart

aracer sounds like similar advice to what I got back in 2009 . I’ve got two crushed vertebrae and diagnosed with Osteoporosis . Doc told me to NEVER ride a bike off road again as it would cause a lot of jarring in my back , instead he suggested taking up jogging especially on hard surfaces as the direct impact would help load my bones ? 🙄 Since then I’ve spent a season in Whistler, 2 weeks riding in Colorado and another 2 weeks in Moab, Sedona, Zion et al ! 😀 As for vickypea go get ’em gal just remember slowly slowly catchee monkey 🙂

kayak23

Mint 🙂

vickypea
    Free Member

I didn’t mention that I was knackered afterwards and had to lie down for an hour! I did a 100-mile bike ride a week before the surgery and now 12 miles tires me out :-s

noteeth
    Free Member

Nice one. 😀

Best wishes for your recovery.

AlexSimon

Great news for you both!
    I’ll hopefully pass him on there sometime so I can give an encouraging shout!

Trying to work out if I’ve ever ridden with you Vicky – we ride from Bollington every Thursday night from the Turner’s Arms.

tomaso
    Free Member

Orsum!

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Brycie on middlewood way 😀 epic 😆 What bike was he on?

cruzcampo
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    vickypea » Today I did my first bike ride since spinal fusion surgery 9 weeks ago.
    Hmm well on that basis I suspect I might be ignoring the advice of the surgeon who fixed my hernia today not to ride for 3 months (not that I was ever planning on doing that – from what he said I doubt he has a good idea what sports stress the abdominal area, he suggested I could go running in a few weeks!) Thanks for posting!

POSTED 13 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

I was back on the bike in 6 weeks after hernia, surgeon said to ride sooner and if it didn’t hurt it wouldn’t damage the tension free repair. Erred on the side of caution like.

vickypea
    Free Member

Hi AlexSimon – I do ride from Bollington a lot, and also up in the Disley/Hayfield area, but on Wednesday night and weekends, with the Muddy Duks. We probably know a few people in common.

Cruzcampo- I’m embarrassed to admit that I didn’t notice what bike he was riding, but I was distracted by the custard yellow jacket and red shorts that his mate was wearing!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Josh Bryceland rides a flat trail!’ is closed to new replies.