Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Joplin service
  • hambl90
    Free Member

Hi all , anyone know where I can get my Joplin serviced ?

Cheers
    Ian

simondbarnes
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

How much of a service does it need? Lower lube is a doddle just unscrew top collar and 10mm bolt. Adding air (and oil) also pretty simple, some good info and threads on mtbr. 2pure got a backlog waiting for parts so if you need seals etc you’re looking at 4 weeks-ish turnaround.

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll try the lube and air first and see how it goes.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

http://forums.mtbr.com/maverick/speedball-tech-tips-november-2007-a-354520.html

Blow by blow instructions. Not as difficult as it sounds and a few similar threads in there. I’ve been doing oil air top ups for a few months nursing a joplin and it takes less than 10 minutes. Lower lube is a 1 minute job.

nuke

2pure got a backlog waiting for parts so if you need seals etc you’re looking at 4 weeks-ish turnaround.

🙁

Sent mine in end of last month…guess it’s going to be a while just like when it went in last year at the time when Ran left 😐

Anyone know if it’s still Steve doing the repairs or has that changed?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

No idea, munqe chick spoke to a Jake. Just sent hers back under warranty but didn’t want to lose it over big holiday last month hence learning to do some stuff myself. Think they are waiting on seals etc from the US so out of their hands.

simondbarnes

Anyone know if it’s still Steve doing the repairs or has that changed?

He left recently which has caused some delays.

hambl90
    Free Member

hi guys , i followed the mtbr guide to the letter but the seatpost now won’t move, it’s locked in full extension,any idea’s please ?

ian

argyle
    Free Member

nobody could replace ran – he’s too dreamy

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Invert it and work the lever a couple of times, you need to release the valve to get the air and oil in the right place. Re check air pressure.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I followed the air pressure guide when doing mine (and oil levels) and found them to be a bit OTT. Reduced them a bit and its given me over a year of trouble free use. Need to replace the guide block now (which I did wait a while for the come from the states but 2Pure told me about that and it was still usable until it arrived. Plus I ain’t going to grumble as it was gratis).

hambl90
    Free Member

Davey, how much oil and air did you put in ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Joplin service’ is closed to new replies.