Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Joplin 3 / 4 or Pure i950 ?
  • PikeBN14
    Free Member

Yes, I know they aren't directly comparible in terms of cost or travel, so would you just buy the cheapest, Joplin 3 for £110 / £130 ish (depending on remote) or in for a penny in for a pound and go for the i950 in the hope the more modern technology will be more reliable?

I am 6' 2" so maybe the longer travel would help justify the additional cost 😆

pastcaring
    Free Member

wait for rockshox version coming soon.

i have a joplin 4 and very happy with it.( but it hasn't seen much mud yet tho)

specialone
    Free Member

Reported price for rocshox is 300 quid, bugger i'll just stop and adjust thanks

devs
    Free Member

I'm sure I saw a Joplin 3 on CRC recently for £60. Was gutted because I paid £90 for mine.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Joplin 3's are £110 and £130 on CRC at the mo, i950 is £170 without remote.

Can't help but think they will ultimately be as cheap as chips, hence the thought of going for the cheapest, but doesn't look like that in the short term!

The remote button/trigger, whatever you want to call it, on the i950 is very neat ….. hmmm, decisions decisions!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

i950

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Make sure you check the length from the minimum insertion mark on any of the posts, I was surprised that my KSI900 post was on the minimum mark on my Trek Remedy that's with a a large frame and a 33" inside leg! Got a mate who is running his post above the minimum insertion mark by about 15mm with no problems………. Yet !

Oh and absolutely worth every penny whatever make type you go for..

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Yes, I'd been thinking about that, my current post lives on the limit, the Joplin's and Pure's both state longer lengths,but it depends if it's the same amount going in the frame!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Joplin 3 / 4 or Pure i950 ?’ is closed to new replies.