Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • jones truss fork + front hub = ??
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

following on from some of the posts about jones bikes etc been thinking do you have to use jones own brand front hub with a truss fork or can you use any 135mm front hub i.e salsa and what size rim just wondering??

takisawa2

Tazzy will be up soon. He’ll know.
    Someone take him a cup of tea up…

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

You can also use a Paul Whub – other 135 mm hubs need to have spacers for the disc brake IIRC. Rim spends on if your goin FAT or 29er.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

should have said thinking in the fat direction rim wise

tazzymtb

jones, pauls components whub or the new goldtec Draco fat front are Jones compatible without shims.

Surly, salsa, Hope fat sno need ether rotor shims to move the rotor about 5mm or you can get brake adaptors that move the front brake inboard a bit more to play with rear spaced disc hubs.

rim wise from memory Jeff usees 50 rims make a great all round fatty. 65mm marge lites are lovely. Tried and 80mm fat rim and didn’t like the front as it lost some nimbleness on the steering and became a bit monster truck smash through and less flowy

Keef
    Free Member

wot Taz said,but you need a 9mm axel.
    or mod a rear SS hub,and use a 2 or 3 mm disc spacer,it’s easy enough.

tazzymtb

oh keefy 100mm stem is absolutely sodding spot on length wise mate.

Keef
    Free Member

my mates just dropped me a Salsa 90 or 100,not sure yet,aint looked at it,gona stick with the 115 for nxt few rides,see how it goes,back out tomoro 😉

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Actually Jeff recommends a 72mm rim, so you can run a BFL at low pressures without loss of stability.. Though at 200g lighter a Marge lite 65mm rim might be the best all round option. I think I may throw on my BFL today for a change 😀

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Can’t find the Goldtec 135mm front hub on the BETD website.

tazzymtb

Can’t find the Goldtec 135mm front hub on the BETD website.

that’s because the website takes a while to catch up with what they’re doing. I get mine from them in a couple of weeks so will post pics 😀

Keef
    Free Member

Taz,txt me when you got a price ?

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Any details ? Weight, price etc, got to be a lot cheaper than a Jones hub!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘jones truss fork + front hub = ??’ is closed to new replies.