Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Joining the Navy with a Geography degree..
  • millzy
    Free Member

im currently doing a geography with environmental studies degree at uni, and really quite fancy joining the navy when ive finished. The reason why i took geography at uni is basically because i enjoy it!
    anyone know of any jobs in the navy where my degree would play a big part in?

cheers

mafiafish
    Free Member

There a few roles outside engineering, medical and IT where a degree can form the basis of the role. However as an officer you would be responsible for some chartwork. I think warfare officer is the one to go for as it's this role that produces the admirals not specific ones.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

You know about geography? They could use a guy like you. You should name your price. It might help with the whole not-landing-on-beaches-that-are-sovereign-territory-of-Iran-or Spain thing…

TooTall
    Free Member

anyone know of any jobs in the navy where my degree would play a big part in?

Nope. Away from Engineering, legal, medical and the like, a degree is a degree to the Armed Forces.

b1galus
    Free Member

there is a survey branch within the royal navy and hms challenger is a survey ship as was the endurance so yes possibly

Mintman
    Free Member

I imagine that the warfare branch would be just fine; pilot (which is still warfare) would also not mind too much if you can prove you can fly a petrol pigeon.

Logistics might also be available because I don't think that requires anything specific.

The website has a job criteria search type thingy.

RN Website

Macavity
    Free Member

Unless your mother is the Queen then you will do whatever job you are told do. Whatever requirements the RN has at the time will be your career path.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Joining the Navy with a Geography degree..’ is closed to new replies.