Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • johnny hoogerland photo – contains some mild male nudity.
  • darrell
    Free Member

now that’s road rash

j_me
    Free Member

Ouch better dab some savlon on that!

clubber
    Free Member

Seeing that now, I’m suprised it was only 30 stiches he needed…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

no wonder he was in tears at the end………….poor bugger.
    car driver deffo deserves a huge portion of fish pie…… 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure that if you took that photo from an angle further to the right and possible down a bit you’d be able to see the car driver in that picture.

maccruiskeen

car driver deffo deserves a huge portion of fish pie……

Is you cooking really that bad? 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

then he got back on the bike and finsihed the stage. top man.

souldrummer
    Free Member

The fact that he would seems to have dragged himself off the fence without any help is impressive enough. To then ride on and complete the stage is quite astounding. I cannot begin to imagine how much pain he must have been in!!!

Duggan

Yikes 😯

I still don’t understand what the car driver was thinking. Even just crashing straight into that tree would surely have been a better option.

sweepy
    Free Member

not for the car driver

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Here’s the crash

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYPDAry-A-s[/video]

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

And here it is with Dutch (Belgian?) commentary – which I think adds something;

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up2RvtMMmME[/video]

Speshpaul

“I still don’t understand what the car driver was thinking.”
    You are making an assumption there. That he was thinking. I don’t get why he has not been charged by the coppers, it was a public road.

mcboo
    Free Member

I was pretty sickened watching it, driver accelarates for a gap rather than back-off in favour of the actual competitors. Driver needs jailing. Very scary how dangerous the Tour is….

ourmaninthenorth

Driver needs jailing.

Calm down dear.

And yes, Flecha and Hoogerland and hard men indeed.

AlexSimon

I can see why people are mad.
    But feel the driver is punished enough by:

Being ejected from the race
    Seeing the consequences of what he did
    Being surrounded by people who remember what he did

He made an awful judgement in a tricky situation. But with 140 cars amongst 180 riders, I don’t think it’s fair to expect that perfect judgement will always be made. There’s a pic of a saxo bank team car that’s obviously been rear-ended. Personally, I think it’s a miracle that the crowd in the mountains don’t cause more accidents.

I felt a bit more strongly yesterday, but after hearing Johnny’s comments last night, I feel a bit differently today.

Speshpaul

Maybe if this was the 1st instance this tour a press vehicles taking out a rider, then it could serve as a warning to others.
    But its not. He has not excuse.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

He made an awful judgement in a tricky situation. But with 140 cars amongst 180 riders, I don’t think it’s fair to expect that perfect judgement will always be made. There’s a pic of a saxo bank team car that’s obviously been rear-ended. Personally, I think it’s a miracle that the crowd in the mountains don’t cause more accidents.

I agree that it’s miraculous how few incidents like this there are, but you would have thought that they might have shown extra care and attention in trying to get past the lead break?!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I sat watching the Tour in “Look Mum No Hands” with my SO, we ate and drank and watched and chatted with others, though when this crash happened hardly anyone murmured a word.. Odd that, my SO sat gobsmaked, I’ve seen this stuff before so was shocked but not supprised, but the rest of the “diners” bearly uttered a word or two..
    Got into work this morning and it’s all around the office.. in a “cyclings a dangerous sport isn’t it” kinda way..

Hope both Hoogerland and Flecha carry on.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘johnny hoogerland photo – contains some mild male nudity.’ is closed to new replies.