Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Johnny Cash
  • KT1973
    Free Member

ginsterdrz – Member
    If you're desperate I can mail you a quid.

🙂

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Usually can't stand him but "Hurt" is incredibly powerful and "My Own Personal Jesus" not far behind.

ton

fantastic music.
    fantastic singer, a proper legend.

sc-xc

Go on then, what do you think of American VI? I love Redemption Day, and the rest sounds as good as anything on I-V. Brilliant.

molgrips
    Free Member

Can't stand him. I honestly have no idea why people seem to like him so much. I mean I appreciate music, but most of what I've heard just seems like the demo from a cheap casio keyboard with some weird crooning over it.

Why do you lot like it?

Dougal
    Free Member

Cash is one of my favourite artists. Folsom Prison Blues is where it's at for me.

The 10Billionth track was downloaded from iTunes today, it was a Cash track.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Why do you lot like it?

his voice just sends a shiver down my spine. He's brilliant.

sc-xc

Can't stand him. I honestly have no idea why people seem to like him so much. I mean I appreciate music, but most of what I've heard just seems like the demo from a cheap casio keyboard with some weird crooning over it.

Why do you lot like it?

Listen to any of the American Recordings series. I'm not into the older stuff so much (although the San Quentin/Folsom albums are outstanding) but the more stripped down acoustic last 6 albums are really good.

But, if you don't get it…that's music! would be shit if we all liked the same thing.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I mean I'm not flaming, just wanted a music discussion 🙂 for me, the crudeness of the music (that I have heard) just makes it look like he couldn't be bothered writing a proper song. I mean he can't have tried hard there..

sc-xc

I am new into Johnny Cash. My history was alternative/punk/indie at various stages of my life, with a few years of Acid Techno/DnB during the messy years. I have always loved music though, and I just commented to my wife that not since New Model Army have I felt this way about music. If nothing else, listen to 'if you could read my mind' from American V – not his song, but a really heartfelt cover.

duckman

Barry;Cash was the first alt/indie/punk artist! A vote for North Country Girl as one of his finest moments,even if it was written by Zimmerman

Another Johnny Cash fan here.
    Johnny Cash of East Cash was an interesting documentary on Radio 4 recently. It's probably gone from Listen Again by now though as it was a couple of weeks ago.

Boy named Sue live at San Quentin. 😀
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M89c3hWx3RQ

molgrips
    Free Member

Cash was the first alt/indie/punk artist

Eh?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Radio Scotland have been plugging a show about Johnny Cash which I think is on tonight. Hosted by Ricky Ross.

duckman

molgrips,he set himself against the established Nashville musical mafia,all while taking huge quantities of drugs.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Johnny Cash’ is closed to new replies.