Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • John Terry quits England team
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Good riddance

ormondroyd
    Free Member

Taken a leaf out of Lance Armstrong’s book and quit before his hearing.

davidjones15
    Free Member

Does this mean WAGs will be allowed to travel with the team again?

thered

FA have made my position untenable!! Balls. He’s scum

rudebwoy
    Free Member

he wants to spend more time with your missus

Hadge
    Free Member

This isn’t the end of this saga. He’s being charged by the FA over the case with Ferdinand where he was found not guilty. So the FA want to over-turn what a court of law found not guilty on? So IF the FA find him guilty, can Terry be charged again in a law court for racial abuse?
    But while this is going on it doesn’t look good for England and setting aside Terry’s absolute (blind) loyalty to his country and playing for them and being captain it will disgrace us as a nation and so he has to stand down – rightly or wrongly. I have an opinion on Terry and I truly believe he believes he’s totally innocent in anything he does and doesn’t see when he’s wrong – case in point the sending off in the semi final of the Champions League where he said he didn’t knee the fella in the back. I just hope the sorry affair goes away for good very very soon.

CountZero

Meh.

pitduck
    Free Member

who?

Jamie
    Free Member

he wants to spend more time with your missus

I lol’d.

Oh, and cue inevitable ‘who’, ‘wgas’ and possibly some wendyball references if we’re really lucky.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Dr Who?What is WGAS?Do they play wendyball too?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is very disappointing news and an absolute tragedy that this has happened

geoffj

So IF the FA find him guilty, can Terry be charged again in a law court for racial abuse?

Different levels of proof required.

Jamie
    Free Member

8)

bruk

Believe Terry is charged with using abusive language/behaviour towards Ferdinand. Additional charge is that it included racist abuse.

So can still be found not guilty of racist abuse but guilty of abusive language/behaviour. I think this may be the outcome as lets FA off the hook but still look like they are in charge.

He is portrayed by the media in 1 of 2 ways. Either as an unpleasant boorish thug or as a magnificent dedicated footballer depending on the angle they want to put on the story. I think there is truth in both portrayals .

yossarian
    Free Member

Not fit to wear the shirt.

alex222
    Free Member

can he even say untenable; let alone spell it.

Royston
    Free Member

Doesn’t the FA charge differ? in that Terry is charged with ‘bringing the game into disrepute’ (which in my opinion you could hardly argue against)
    As I see it, it’s ‘in house’ professional discipline similar to ‘codes of conduct’ for other professional bodies and therefore not governed by civil or criminal law. So Terry shouldn’t rely on his ‘not guilty verdict’in the criminal case to evade his responsibility to the Football Association

nealglover
    Free Member

Rorschach – Member

Congratulations.

You get the prize for going onto a thread that’s clearly about football and using the “hilarious” term, wendyball.

Your prize ……….. ” 🙄 ”

PrinceJohn

To be fair, he’s nearing the end of his career & while maybe this season still has something to offer at top international level he wont be missed.

Especially by the younger members of the squad looking to learn from an old pro.

Well they might miss his tips on how to get into your team mates gf’s pants & how to be a landan gangsta

binners

In a world of supremely arrogant, conceited, obnoxious prima donnas, he somehow manages to make the rest look like Nelson Mandella.

Don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out

MSP

Like Armstrong he has quit now because he knows he is guilty, but wants to cling to some form of deniability. He wants to make out its a witch hunt and a personal vendetta against him.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

John Terry has just given his reason for giving up the Captain’s armband..

..It was black.

IGMC.

PrinceJohn

Just been thinking about this – he’s an absolute ****faced****pot…

He’s known about the FA hearing ever since before his court appearance, yet he was more than happy to appear at Euro 2012, & more than happy to represent England this season in Moldova & would’ve done against Ukraine as well if his creaking ******** body could handle it. So his position back then was not untenable, but about 8pm on Sunday evening just in time to make the morning papers on the day before his FA Hearing he decides then that it’s untenable what a piece of work.

binners

What a surprise! He IS a racist. Who’d have thunk it, eh?

£220 grand fine and a four match ban

organdonor
    Free Member

£220 fine and a four match ban

lol £220! I bet he earns more than that in the time it takes to write a cheque… Where’s the consistency? Suarez got an 8 match ban…

Edit: I see your edit, £220k makes more sense

Gweilo
    Free Member

Maybe the FA, as such clearly skilled criminal investigators, should bid to run policing in England? Lord alone knows they can’t run football!

As for the Terry, Ferdinand and Ferdinand affair One of them is a womanizing halfwit, Ferdinand the elder is a banned dope cheat too old and too slow and equally retarded. Neither of them are the kind of person you want kids looking up to as England Captain.

I suspect Ferdinand the younger was stirring trouble on behalf of his big brother, who suddenly wants to play for England again. They should all crawl back under their diamond encrusted stones.

dannyh
    Free Member

Good riddance to the arch guttersnipe Terry.

He may be thousands of times richer than me, but he’s still a ‘pleb’ and always will be (and that’s a proper use of the term, Andrew Mitchell).

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘John Terry quits England team’ is closed to new replies.