Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • John McDonald on the Today programme
  • geoffj

Has he been neutered, or at least sent on a media training boot camp?
    I dislike his aggressive interviewee style, and so was pleasantly surprised at how deferential and polite he was to Mishel Husain this morning. He sounded almost human.

geoffj

McDonnell 🙄

wilburt
    Free Member

Generally find him sensible, perhaps the mainstream is moving towards his thinking?

aP
    Free Member

He’s always been very personable whenever I’ve met him, can be a bit of a firebrand when in the mood though 😉

hatter

The way Brexit is eating the Tories alive he’s our next Chancellor so get used to him either way.

geoffj

I have no problem with his policies (well most of them), but the way he presents himself as the labour Rottweiler simply isn’t effective IMHO – but maybe I’m not the target demographic

binners
    PJM1974
    Free Member

Gove really is an odious little shit, isn’t he?

Nico
    Free Member

It sounded like his voice was giving out.

hatter

I was considering putting a little

*unless Phillip ‘Last adult in the room’ Hammond gets back-stabbed in the next 3 months.

On the end of my last statement.

Question is whether or not May’s government will last long enough for Gove to stick the knife in.

What a shower, I’m really not a fan of Corbyn but at least he seems to have some grown ups on his team (Take a bow Mr Starmer)

zippykona

Gove, the most punchable face in politics.

jam-bo

At the most recent meeting, on Tuesday, Mr Gove again made a point of using “lots of long, economicky words”, according to two people present.

sounds perfick for the job…

outofbreath
    Free Member

I have no problem with his policies (well most of them), but the way he presents himself as the labour Rottweiler simply isn’t effective

Maybe I haven’t been listening to the right interviews but I’ve always found him to be a superb performer in interviews with a reassuring Ken Clark-esque cheerful and calm manner.

Policy and substance I’m less keen on…

midlifecrashes

Gove, the most punchable face in politics.

Why do you think that’s acceptable to say? Is it far in your mind from the death threats and rape calling the women MPs endure? It doesn’t seem like it when you read it cold.

zippykona

Just look at him.
    He looks like a ****, acts like a **** and is going to cause myself and millions of others financial difficulties.
    The very least he deserves is a good old English bunch of fives on the hooter.
    Edit I have no wish to rape him.

stick_man

The reason Gove has the most punchable face in politics because people are angry about him, a most self serving, backstabbing and deceitful little turd of a man. People are sick of the sight of the dribbling little bastard, we’ve had enough. Same with Boris.

kerley
    Free Member

I’ve always found him to be a superb performer in interviews with a reassuring Ken Clark-esque cheerful and calm manner

Agree.

jimdubleyou

I’ve always found him to be a superb performer in interviews with a reassuring Ken Clark-esque cheerful and calm manner

I find him somewhat grating.

jekkyl

he has passion, when did you last see a tory with passion. I like him.

kimbers

jekkyl – Member
    he has passion, when did you last see a tory with passion.

flash them a bit of knee and they will be spurting passion all over the shop

jimdubleyou

he has passion, when did you last see a tory with passion. I like him.

David Mellor? Edwina Currie? 😛

Gove is passionate, it’s just his values & reasoning skills which are screwed up.

hatter

when did you last see a tory with passion.

I know exactly… IDS, about benefit cuts, 2015.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘John McDonald on the Today programme’ is closed to new replies.