Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • John bishop's Australia.
  • parkesie
    Free Member

Cycling across Australia on BBC iPlayer. Worth a watch.

MoreCashThanDash

MrsMC had it on last night – surprisingly good.

flip
    Free Member

I enjoyed it last night 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I would watch it, if it wasn’t John Bishop. Harold Bishop would have been a better choice, and he wouldn’t have had to travel far…

MoreCashThanDash

Top STW response – I’m going to criticise it even though I didn’t watch it as I have a prejudice against the presenter, despite the fact that those who have watched it said it was good. 😉

TheDTs
    Free Member

Just finished watching it, good show, nice fella.

nickjb
    Free Member

I watched 5 minutes of it and found him as annoying as I usually do. Can I criticise? 😛

stumpy01

I really enjoyed it. We did a trip to the Blue Mountains when we were over there in 2006 and the view was totally obscured by mist. I was gutted; long way to drive from Sydney to look at some mist.

Programmes like this just make me want to pack a bag, draw out my savings and bugger off somewhere for a couple of years!

Pickers

I enjoyed it – Did nothing for my arachnophobia though.

cakefacesmallblock

John Bishop always comes across as a really nice bloke. He ain’t lazy and he gets stuck in. What does amaze me though is that he’s managed to make a career from being , in my view , the most appalling ” comedian” the BBC have been able to afford in years.

winston
    Free Member

Stumpy – I used to work in Katoomba. One day I was up at the resort in dense mist (very common so you weren’t that unlucky) and bus load of Japanese tourists pulled up. They all trooped out and the leader asked me which direction the three sisters were. It was a total white out, visibility down to about 10ft but I pointed in the general direction and apologized for the weather. They all pointed their cameras that way and took a photo – every one of them.

stumpy01

Winston – we were lead to the ‘viewing’ spot and told in no uncertain terms not to walk any further foward, as you couldn’t actually see where the cliff edge was!

With regard to the Japanese tourists with their cameras; never seen anything like it. Funny thing was finding a different viewpoint for a pic and watching the stampede as they cottoned on to what you were taking a piccie of.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’m guessing he is skipping the South Island?

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I watched it. Was indifferent about him before and still indifferent about him after watching. Will probably carry on watching, because I’ve been up and down the Oz west coast a few times due to my oldest sister emigrating to Sydney. Sorry, can’t particularly put a finger on why he doesn’t press the buttons for me, might be as simple as his accent, face or his teeth, I’m not sure.
    Clive James once did a great programme about Oz.

grum
    Free Member

John Bishop always comes across as a really nice bloke. He ain’t lazy and he gets stuck in. What does amaze me though is that he’s managed to make a career from being , in my view , the most appalling ” comedian” the BBC have been able to afford in years.

This. It’s completely inexplicable how he has such a successful career as a “comedian”.

cookeaa

My Missus Flicked across this to watch a Rom-Com (again), and then mentioned “There was some bloke cycling across australia, thought you might want to watch it, but that was a while ago” later, worth finding on iplayer?

convert

If I understand what they said correctly, back in 1992 he rode from Sydney back to the UK, not just this Australian leg. That’s some going if correct and puts his more recent charity rides in some perspective.

Again, can’t help but like the guy and be impressed by his sporting CV and the fact that he had a real job before the turn to comedy but don’t find him the most stimulating comedian I’ve ever watched.

mudshark
    Free Member

Yep he rode all the way to the UK, decided to like him when I heard that 😉

He is very popular so no surprise he’s on TV really, just surprised he’s so popular.

philwarren11
    Free Member

Did i spot him using a garmin? Anyone know if its on strava or garmin connect, would love to see the riding he’s done.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘John bishop's Australia.’ is closed to new replies.