Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Jockey wheels & clutch mechs
  • z1ppy

What are ppl putting on there 10 speed clutch mech’s?
    As I’m not seeing any for my M786’s listed online and the clutch mech is definitely wearing the jockey wheels faster (dead/v spikey in a year), so am considering alternatives to to the deore’s I’d normal just fit.

pictonroad

I wonder about this, I’ve snapped top jockey wheels in my clutch mech, this has never happened to me before.

coincidence?

chrisdw
    Free Member

They are definitely harder on the jockey wheels. More so if your chain line is a bit out.

I took some out of an old 9 speed SLX and they seem fine.

reedspeed
    Free Member

ive just bought an slx clutch mech and some hope jockey wheels for that reason..

z1ppy

Hope jockey wheels you say… oh shiney!

perthmtb
    Free Member

You can get the 10 speed SLX and XT jockey wheels from here, difference is the XT are sealed bearings versus the SLX bushings, so I always use the XT even in an SLX mech.

I’d be careful using Shimano 9sp jockey wheels in a 10sp mech as Shimano quietly did away with the ‘float’ in the top jockey wheel in the transition from 9 to 10sp – don’t know exactly why, but they must’ve had their reasons…

z1ppy

Cheers that’s the 1st link I’ve seen for original equipment, but P&P is more than the parts! LOL, still cheaper than Hope or KCNC, will ask my local friendly LBS what they’ll cost…

clubber
    Free Member

Some ebay ones for £12 for two jockeys. Seem to work nicely and they’re gold 🙂

reedspeed
    Free Member

z1ppy – Member

Hope jockey wheels you say… oh shiney![/quote]

Yes,i thought id go for the stealth look bright red ones…Oh and a new gold kcmc chain….

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Jockey wheels & clutch mechs’ is closed to new replies.