Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Jobsworths – WHY???!?!???
  • Pook

JSUTA been to town to bimble about anfd doe some random stuff. One of my jobs – print 200+ photos for our wedding.

Went to Boots, and they do an hour service at 25p per print so it came in at over £100. noticed they have a 5p 24 hour one so thought “that’ll do the job”, comes in at £13 or something.

When i’d finished faffing about with the machine, I went to see the girl on the counter and asked what the chances were of it maybe being done later that day, just in case, and that I’d be passing so could just nip in on the off chance – she says “Well we’re quiet now and I can see the machine processing the order so if you come in later on chances are it’ll be done, but it’ll def be done by tomorrow.”

Fast forward four hours and I nip in. Lo and behold, i can see my prints sitting waiting in the print tray.

Explained to the woman what had gone on that morning and that it was great that I could pick them up now, really handy etc

What does she say? WHAT DOES THE BAT SAY? “I CAN’T LET OYU HAVE THEM NOW, I’LL HAVE TO CHARGE YOU THE 1 HOUR RATE!!!”

WHAT THE FLYING CHUFF??

I says to her, but I can see them there, you’ve had to do nothing and i can just take them and and everyones happy

No she says, you have to pay the one hour rate.

A bit daft that isn’t it? Says I?

No she says. That’s the rules, the girl this morning it’s her first day.

Right, I’ll get my girlfriend to come in tomorrow I said.

As I walked off I ehard her repeating the rules to her equally jobsworth Loose Wimminy, overly made up, fat dyed hair, fake tan encrusted harpy of a colleague.

Seriously? Where do jobsworths get off? Vindictive cowbag.

Cougar

Have you already paid? If not, I’d have left them there and gone somewhere else I reckon.

Pook

No i hadn’t.

I was too overcome by middle class indignation and Katie Price perfume to think straight.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Did she have a go pro helmet cam attached to her head?

philconsequence
    Free Member

with photos i always think of it as paying for being a certain place in the queue, if there’s no queue, they get done quicker… 1 hour photos dont cost more to print than 24 hour photos, so the shop makes no loss on that set of prints, but looses a customer… silly fools.

Pook

Couldn’t see through the shit perm. Maybe hidden. She was a weird lycra-esque orange colour.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry, I think she’s being fair, you want 1hr service but to pay for 24hr?

binners

Have a proper think about this. You didn’t have an unsatisfying, drunken one night stand with her when you were younger, did you? Near the bins behind the kebab house?

Pook

Nope.

I was quite happy to wait for the 24 hour service but the girl said they’d probably be done anyway before the end of the day as they were quiet.

edit: binners, no. No i didn’t.

butcher

You pay for the guarantee that it will be done in one hour.

Just like you pay for guaranteed next day delivery even though first class often arives the next day anyway.

It’s total stupidity to turn a customer away when they’re already done.

konabunny
    Free Member

Explained to the woman what had gone on that morning and that it was great that I could pick them up now, really handy etc

You should have stopped yapping. She probably wouldn’t have checked the time they were dropped off if you’d just given her the receipt.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d have asked for the manager if I was bored enough to care.

zippykona

I wanted a cup of tea at the train station. It cost £1.50. She poured the drink and I gave her a £10 note. She didn’t have change and I only had £1.20 in loose.
    So rather than taking my £1.20 she poured the tea away leaving me thirsty. Soppy cow.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Where do jobsworths get off?

In the toilets, just the same as us slackers?

hora
    Free Member

What sort of photos were they pook? 😯

Maybe she wasn’t an S&M fan.

transapp
    Free Member

Al, you’re wrong. Op willing to wait 24hrs, and if shop was busy, would have to have done. However, shop wasn’t and at their decision, did them early. Why wouldn’t you then be able to collect? What’s the shop lost?

cynic-al
    Free Member

transapp – Member

Al, you’re wrong. Op willing to wait 24hrs, and if shop was busy, would have to have done. However, shop wasn’t and at their decision, did them early. Why wouldn’t you then be able to collect?

I’m not wrong, I simply have a differing view to you 🙄

What’s the shop lost?

Income for a premium service.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What’s the shop lost?

A future customer, probably more.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Same at our local morrisons last year. Went to get a load printed off one morning for the wife. Asked if I could nip back that afternoon to see if they were done. By all means she says but I’ll have to charge the 1 hr rate!!

Cougar

I wanted a cup of tea at the train station. It cost £1.50. She poured the drink and I gave her a £10 note. She didn’t have change and I only had £1.20 in loose.
    So rather than taking my £1.20 she poured the tea away leaving me thirsty. Soppy cow.

Should’ve asked her just to pour away 30p’s worth.

hora
    Free Member

Thats not a jobsworth, thats someone who lacks any customer service skills or common sense. Either that or she is a Computer with a AND/EQUAL only gate.

Cougar

Income for a premium service.

The photos were ready four hours later, so the OP hadn’t received the “within one hour” premium service anyway.

Incidentally,

No she says. That’s the rules, the girl this morning it’s her first day.

I don’t believe that their inability to train their staff is your problem as a customer.

hora
    Free Member

Very Germanic wasn’t it. Where were you Das Boots? 😆

Pook

Hora you’re just thinking of long hard things full of seamen again.

(good pun though)

bigyinn
    Free Member

These people need to recompile their synergies and think outside of the box. 😆

rickmeister

Das Boots .. ? Nah.

One hour Photo…

IGMC

Kato

I’d have asked for the manager if I was bored enough to care.

+1 and ranted in full earshot of as many customers as i could find

Philby

Might be worth complaining to their HQ saying that your experience may stop you using Boots in future – they might even give you a discount off a future purchase as a sweetener. I think companies, particularly high street retailers, really need to sharpen their customer service skills as there are plenty of alternatives both shops and on-line to buy products and services from.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cougar – Member
    The photos were ready four hours later, so the OP hadn’t received the “within one hour” premium service anyway.

The only way he could have got them in 4 hours was to pay for the 1hr service though.

hora
    Free Member

(good pun though)

I think thats my pinnacle for the year.

v8ninety

Might be worth complaining to their HQ saying that your experience may stop you using Boots in future

This; make sure you address it to the CEO by name, and explain that snapfish offer excellent rates…

cbike
    Free Member

200 photos! They should have charged a boredem tax! 😉

Pook

in’t he the bloke playing the baddie in the new bond film??

jon1973
    Free Member

I think I would have asked to speak to the supervisor / manager there and then, I bet you would have got them without an argument.

GJP
    Free Member

Boot’s position seems very reasonable to me you were only prepared to pay for a lower priced service but you expected a higher value and higher priced service.

In any business it would be at their discretion as to whether they were willing to take the hit on revenue dilution. IMO the staff were not being a jobsworths at all they were protecting their company’s margins and shareholder value, but I accept that you personally may not agree with this. It their business and their judgement call.

I can’t help but think that you seem to have the misconception that spare and idle capacity should result in lower prices, an easy mistake to make.

Just offering a different perspective 😆

Pook

The badly informed perspective. I didn’t expect a higher value, higher priced service at any point.

I went entirely on the guidance of their staff.

project
    Free Member

Last time i used boots to process a film, before digital, they mucked up the prints, so i complained, the manager lady came out and apologised,she asked how many pictures were ruined i said 24, she then went to the display and gave me 24 films as compensation, i dont think she quite understood the process of fotography.

Make a fuss Boots have more cash than us.

jon1973
    Free Member

Boot’s position seems very reasonable to me you were only prepared to pay for a lower priced service but you expected a higher value and higher priced service.

I doubt very much that it’s the policy of Boots to withhold photos that they finish early to be fair, just the interpretation of the of that member of staff. I’m not sure they want stuff taking up space unnecessarily anyway.

Like pook said, there was no expectation of a premium service, and I’m sure he wouldn’t have made a fuss if they hadn’t been ready. It was unreasonable and petty if you ask me.

cynic-al
    Free Member

If she’d said yes the place would be full of folk hanging around saying “those prints I ordered 24hr, any chance they are ready early?”

Pook

And they’d say “No, they aren’t. Come back tomorrow.”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Jobsworths – WHY???!?!???’ is closed to new replies.