Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • jobs interviews dilemas
  • mrmo
    Free Member

just need to get this written down.

It is almost midnight i really really can’t be arsed going to work where i am temping now. I have an interview monday and tuesday.

There are never guarantees with these things but i can hope. the deception doesn’t sit with me well, i have made up excuses for a few interviews, just me i don’t like lying. Would be so much happier just saying won’t be in as i have an interview, but that won’t be appreciated i guess.

as i am temping i am not going to get any money through the christmas shutdown, Diesel is going to go up, maybe 10p a litre over christmas, i drive 50miles a day to get to work. It will hurt.

I was told when i took the job 13 weeks and we’ll discuss a proper contract, that was up 3 months ago.

I have no faith in the company, i hear nothing good from any staff, no development, no help, just a blame culture. Everything is always someones fault, never the management for failing to provide resource.

On thursday had to leave to pick up SO from a telephone blackspot in Cotswolds, expected to stay on after 5, i said had to go and got agro for stating i had to go.

When i started i would do extra hours unpaid to try and get the job done, never could, just to much to do and not enough time. i asked around beginning august what was happening about payrise and was told it’ll get sorted in a couple of weeks. Came back after August bankholiday no payrise/contract etc, decided to do my hours and leave it at that. work piled up, no comments, no questions why, just agro when things weren’t done.

I left uni 14 years ago and got made redundant end of march, got a new job (this one) within two weeks, so the idea of walking out is scary but i am not happy with staying, i can’t ride anywhere near enough, i don’t enjoy work. It doesn’t pay much but it is more than the dole.

I should be doing some OU coursework and thinking about the interviews but trying to figure out what to do keeps going through my head.

If i walk how would it seem, would any future employer care, would they want references from the current job, the last place was fine and they are happy to give me references.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I’m not reading that. at this time of night! I suggest you just shoot them in the face with an effervescent personality/skilz bullet. and watch those mutherhumpers fall. ohh yeh. Go confident. Don’t let the bullshit you’ve built around you let you down!

NZCol

A few issues in there so I would recommend trying to separate them.
    Current job: Sounds like they are pulling your chain. No contract, expected overtime etc etc. Not acceptable really and i’d say the fact you haven;t gone totally postal means they will keep pushing. You’ve got no perks – as in , no security if it all goes to puss. Leading onto point 2…
    Interviews: These I assume are for jobs you MIGHT want to ACTUALLY do. Therefore go in positive, you have a lot to offer – the mere fact your current employer put the c in unt is not YOUR problem or a situation created by you. Therefore go in, head high, smiling, enjoying the interview process. Make sure its a job you want to do, ask questions, if you are keen tell them you are keen, be enthusiastic, remember where you are now is not where you have to be in a months time. It could be a beautiful thing and you could come away with a new job and a better employer.

Good luck 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘jobs interviews dilemas’ is closed to new replies.