Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Joblesstrackworld: Test engineer wanted based near Salisbury
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

Hi all, a vacancy has come up in my department, looking for someone with at least ONC Electronics. Working on quality hi-fi, we test, fault-find to component level, build and program jigs etc. Anyone interested? Mail me a copy of your CV please, mail in profile.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You out Salisbury way, then? ’tis my weekend haunt much of the time!

I couldn’t do it, but for those looking for a job, Salisbury is a lovely, lovely place to be based. Some great riding, a sublime bike shop and surrounded by villages with the finest beers! Oh, and there’s some good stuff brewed there locally, Stonehenge and HopBack being the finest.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yep, I live in Wilton. Love it here, was in Fovant first, then Great Wishford so I’m spiralling ever closer to town… You’re a bit of an enigma on here aren’t you? If I lob Pip a few cakes I might be able to unmask you 😉 Are you coming on the Purbeck ride? Still looking for someone to lead a fast group.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Does Pip look like a man who needs any more cake? 😉

RichPenny
    Free Member

No, but he wants it 😉

sq225917
    Free Member

Do you work for Naim Rich?

mboy
    Free Member

Rich

Any room for a “fast learner”? 😉

I don’t have any qualifications in electronics, but do learn quick. I did design and build a PCB for a 10 LED battery voltage tester as part of my engineering degree though, and got 95% grade for it!!! hehe

What’s your email address anyway Rich?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yes sq, it’s a great place to work!

Mark, email is rjpenny1@yahoo.com. Send me a CV, do you have any practical experience of electronics or is all your work mech based?

fu_manchu
    Free Member

Don’t want to hijack the thread but any Security Consultant/Pen Testers around? I’m looking to jump ship and there may be a role to replace me (i’m the boss so hopefully get to make the call).

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Wheres the good bike shop. You talking about Stonehenge near the station? Haven’t been there much since leaving college in ’90.
    Wilton? worked at wilton house when my firm were re-doing the roof and stuff in the late 80’s when i was an apprentice.

Agreed, lovely city, had many good nights at the arts centre / church.

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Or you could live somewhere nice like Andover and commute!!

‘ampshire and proud

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Andover? Nasty! Well, it has a BMX track, Bendicks and Twinings, but really…….

Stockbridge, however, top place!

Yep, we were talking about Stonehenge. A truly great LBS

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Stockbridge, nothing but antique shops and tractors.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stockbridge – Robinsons and Robjents. What more do you need?

Lane End is awfully good too!

No antique shops though. That’s Hungerford!

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Done a lot of work around that way, seemed to spent a lot of days as a kid running round danebury rings too. Not from in town, village boy through and through (Bourne valley}

Too true about Hungerford, ever ridden there over Coombe gibet hill? STEEP

p.s. sorry for hijak

RooleyMoor
    Free Member

We’re looking for an IT help desk role in South Manchester. My email address is in profile.

JulianA
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Stockbridge – Robinsons and Robjents. What more do you need?

Meal in the Greyhound? Is the food still good there?

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I moved to Wilton about 3 years ago and I’ve barely had time to ride since.

Been up to Grovely a few times but haven’t found anything really nice … where should I be looking?

I need some inspiration!

sq225917
    Free Member

Rich, I was just wondering being a Naimee myself, I’m marketing, not electronics.

http://www.bestkiteboarding.com

Anna-B
    Free Member

Salisbury, Wilton, Grovelly, Naim… could a thread get much better??
    Dorset knob, there’s some lovely riding around, and Grovelly is great to ride in… I think anyway. There’s a cool track I call “The Fun Path” weendy windy woodland singletrack.
    Rich is my bike buddy, we could show you around one day if you wanted. I’m not a banana, I guess you’re not a knob! 😉

Anna-B
    Free Member

Come to think of it though, Captain Flashheart actually could be Pip.
    Only comes to Salisbury on a Saturday to work in his busy shop.
    Always promoting it on here.

Have they ever been seen in the same room? CaptainPip, reveal thyself!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Thanks annabananna – I think I should drag my lazy arse out and get some miles in before I take you up on the offer, though. Honestly, I’ve only ridden my bike about 4 times in the last 5 years, so could probably only get up one hill before expiring.

I might get back in touch when I feel capable of lasting more than half an hour. 🙂

Good to know there’s stuff out there, thought there must be just from driving round, but not had the chance to get out and find it. 🙁

Cheers
    DK

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Have they ever been seen in the same room? CaptainPip, reveal thyself!

😆

Anna-B
    Free Member

Do it DK! Get in touch whenever you fancy a tour. Bit of an uphill mission to get into Grovelly, but lovely all the way back to Wilton.

I see no protestation from CaptainPip…

noteeth
    Free Member

I need some inspiration!

Though Mendip born n’ bred, I spent a couple of years living near Salisbury (in Broad Chalke) on account of Dr Noteeth senior working at Odstock hospital. Coming from a land of precipitous limestone, I expected to be disappointed by the riding… but in high summer, it’s pretty good. Mint Sauce landscapes, atmospheric hill-forts and endless, rolling turf – with sneaky singletrack here and there. Must get back out there sometime…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Joblesstrackworld: Test engineer wanted based near Salisbury’ is closed to new replies.